Requisition Primary LocationElk Grove Village, Illinois
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) - We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in 39 states and 6 Canadian Provinces. Our 2015 annual revenue was 2.1 billion and are projected to be over 4 billion at the end of 2016. We, 15,000+ employees, foster a work culture of Servant Leadership.
Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees, always relying on our Operating Values as the foundation for our existence.
We are currently hiring for a Sorter located in Elk Grove Village, IL ! Available shift is M-F - 3:00 pm to 2:30 am, there is also Saturday work.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Sorting recycled material onto different conveyor belts and moving material to the appropriate areas.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the recycling area and yard outside.
- Help maintain equipment such as baler and conveyor line.
- Assuming custodial duties as needed.
- Other manual labor that does not involve the operation of heavy equipment.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to perform minimal computer related tasks.
- Must be able to stand continually through entire shift.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)