POSITION SUMMARY: Clinician will provide intensive, in-home treatment, including a range of interventions, family therapy, crisis intervention, and some case management support. Responsibilites include engaging with families, developing treatment plans and related documentation, collaboration with community partners, etc. . Bilingual Spanish required.
MENTAL HEALTH THERAPIST II - $21.52/hr. - $25.81/hr.
LCSW - $26.88/hr. - $32.26/hr.
LPC/LMFT - $25.38/hr. - $30.47/hr.
Spanish Language Differential - $2.50/hr.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide intensive family therapy and crisis intervention in the home and in the community.
- Research, create, and maintain connections to services and resources to minimize out of home placement and hospitalization.
- Develop short-term treatment plans; continually monitor treatment progress, and coordinate transitions to other services.
- Stabilize acute conditions, family supports, and environments to allow the child to benefit from other levels of care.
- Take responsibility for crises, including on-call duties, with own consumers and weekly rotating on-call duties for other homebased clinicians' consumers.
- With supervision, learn and implement "best practices" among in-home family treatment models, e.g. Brief Strategic Family Therapy.
- Working with psychiatrists, nurses, and other professionals, help coordinate medication/medicinal needs of consumers with medical resources.
- Maintain accurate and timely clinical records consistent with Corporation standards.
- Participate in team/MHCD meetings, in-services, and supervisory sessions as required.
- Perform 27-10 (M-1) "mental health hold" evaluations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Master's Degree in psychology, social work, or other related human services degree, Licensed as an LCSW, LPC or LMFT by the State of Colorado preferred (License Eligible).
Knowledge, experience, and skill in clinical modalities used in family therapy. Experience with cross-agency collaboration, treating aggression, family conflict, parental depression/mental health issues, and trauma. Bilingual Spanish Required.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of methods of psychotherapy.
- Bilingual Spanish required
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to assess crisis situations and intervene appropriately.
- Familiarity with the DSM V and diagnostic techniques.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible and on-call hours which may be required.
- Must have valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Knowledge and understanding of trauma-informed care principles/practices.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Ability to sit, stand, bend and reach, drive, operate standard office equipment such as phone, computer, facsimile, copier/printer, and other business machines. Occasional lifting up to 40 lbs.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
Ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans. Must understand people from all walks of life and be able to communicate effectively with them.
Requires occasional evening and on-call hours. Local travel.
See job description.