The color of pride: Benjamin Moore we are proud to be a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, recognized as the world's fourth most admired company on Fortune's magazine list. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
You will manage a team of scientists exploring new technologies in polymers and coatings, and developing and commercializing coatings products. The scientists on the team are multi-disciplinary with backgrounds in material science, polymer chemistry, and coatings technology. As the manager of this team you will:
- Lead the team to drive for research and development of new technologies and products in coatings and polymers,
- Lead the team to research, identify, explore and prove feasibility of new technologies and materials for coatings applications,
- Lead technology transfer to product development teams, and collaborate with and support product development teams in product commercialization,
- Provide technical leadership through innovation, capturing and applying new technology developments from research institutions and industries,
- Manage R&D projects for the team, set priorities, deliver results to meet business goals on time,
- Develop team to increase expertise in product R&D and project management,
- Mentor future leaders, identify development needs, and develop training programs,
- Collaborate with procurement on new and alternate materials,
- Manage partnerships with vendors for new technologies and materials
- Maintain solid technical and business understanding of the competitive and supplier IP landscapes, analyze industry trends and emerging technologies, and lead internal IP development.
Required Skills and Experience
- BS and MS with minimum 15 years' experience, Ph.D. with minimum 8 years' experience, in chemistry, material science, or related fields
- Extensive R&D experience in coatings or related industries
- Experience in managing direct reports
- Proven record of product development and commercialization
- Proven record of new product ideas, patent applications, and publications
- Ability to provide technical leadership to all research and development groups
- Through knowledge of coatings, resins, and raw materials used in coatings
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong organization skills, detail oriented and highly organized,
- Must possess outstanding communication (written and verbal) skills