Job TitleAccountant I
Requisition Primary LocationMiami, Florida
Waste Connections is looking for an Accounts Payable Clerk for our location in Miami Hauling Miami, FL.
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for reconciling vendor statements, processing invoices for check payments, reconciling credit card payments. A successful Accounts Payable Clerk must understand the Waste Connections business, so they can resolve various types of vendor issues.
A typical schedule is Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm, with the occasional Saturday. Average workweek is 40 Hours. Full benefits offered the 1st of the month following 60 days of employment.
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual's unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
Why You Need to Join Us!
INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
Do not stop by or call our local office.
Please apply online at www.wasteconnections.com.
If you have any problems filling out the application call Pete Carreon at (see application details).
- Reconciling Vendor Statements
- Research open POs
- Work in conjunction with other departments to resolve vendor issues
- Ensuring proper sales tax paid
- Running and working daily reports, such as Open PO's, Unreconciled Transactions, Unapproved Invoices, Capital Transactions, ect.
- Ad-hoc and check reports throughout the month.
- Promote Waste Connections standard operating procedures, which assure efficient environmentally correct and safe workplace practices
- Reconcile vendor invoices to internal documentation to ensure proper payment
- Work environment is an office setting. Areas are clean, ventilated, and well lite. Our Customer
- Accounts Payable Clerks normally have their own workstation or cubicle space and are equipped with a telephone, headset, and computer
- Accounts Payable Clerks areas can be noisy and work may be repetitious and stressful. Also, long periods spent sitting, typing, or looking at a computer screen are common
Ideal Candidates Will Have:
- Candidates must have a minimum of 1 year of Accounts Payable experience
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, and Email preferred. Typing and 10-key skills are required
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Experience in collections
We offer excellent Family benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to.
"Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)