Job TitleSales Representative
Requisition Primary LocationTampa, Florida
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual's unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Why you need to join us!
CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
Waste Connections, Inc. has an immediate opening for a strong and motivated sales representative with a passion for brand development and client service.
- Selling waste and recycling removal services to commercial accounts.
- Managing existing accounts and ensuring retention of commercial accounts.
- Identifying new opportunities within current customer base.
- Preparing bids, weekly call reports and cold calling new and existing customers.
- Being the main point of contact for a current book of business.
- Interacting with customers, business associations and trade shows.
- Gathering contract expiration dates, documenting existing customer concerns and working with other departments to satisfy customer requests for service
- 50% of your time will be spent prospecting and exploring market opportunities
- 35% of your time will be spent building relationships and resolving challenges with current customers.
- 15% of this position will be spent in the office developing relationships with coworkers, strategic planning, and account management.
- Be self-motivated, competitive, and have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- 1-2 years outside business-to-business contract sales with a proven track record of success.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Excellent communication, computer, and organizational skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent time & territory management skills.
- Must periodically be available outside of normal business hours.
The position provides:
- Travel opportunities.
- Comprehensive training.
- Annual Chairman's Club recognition for top national performer
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)