Sodexo is seeking a Resident Experience Manager for a university in West Palm Beach, FL. This person will live in the resident hall.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 125,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 9,000 client sites and more than 15 million customers a day in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Resident Director with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
The Resident Experience Manager serves as the primary point of the resident hall for college partners, including faculty, staff, students, parents and guests. Provides local leadership and strategic direction to build client relationships and new business opportunities to enhance profitability for the Company. Directs business practices in order to uphold Company mission and values. Develops new and emerging business solutions for sustained growth and effective day-to-day operations. Manages Residence Assistants and Community Ambassadors in the Student Living environment.
- Investigate and respond to concerns and complaints of students, parents, college staff members and others in a manner that provides accurate information and fosters good public relations
- Determine fiscal requirements and prepares budgetary recommendations in consultation with Director of Student Services; monitors, verifies, and reconciles expenditures of budgeted funds
- Serve as the primary contact for parents and students on residence and personal issues: respond to requests and questions, and provide information on programs, activities, and policies for students, parents, and college representatives.
- Maintains liaison with various offices and departments throughout the college to collaborate and consult on a variety of student/institutional issues, and assist in the formulation of college policies as appropriate
- Provide team leadership by ensuring cohesiveness at the unit and with the client
- Maintain and implement sanitary and safety conditions and training to adhere to auditing procedures and statutory regulations
- Accountable for the execution of product and service quality by maintaining highest level of delivery
- Promote and support workplace diversity initiatives
- Execute strategic plan by implementing short and long-term goals that align with the scope of service, mission and values
- Manage by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A proven track record of successful Student Living leadership experience as demonstrated by articulated results and accomplishments;
- Experience working with student engagement/resident life as a Resident Director or Assistant Director;
- Experience in counseling/mental health service;
- Experience working with facilities and other municipalities on campus;
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen with a strong P&L understanding;
- Exceptional customer service, relationship building and communication skills;
- Experience working with outside vendors and subcontractors;
- Strong Leadership skills with a focus on staff development and team building.
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Responsible for student discipline, directing residence life programing, and ultimately coordinating all residence life and student staff. Plans, schedules and executes training opportunities for Community Ambassadors team including: annual in-service trainings, monthly training sessions and other trainings as necessary. Works collaboratively with campus and community partners while participating in committees and working groups including: Athletics, Student Associations, Health Services, Student Services, and others. Manages the recruitment and selection process for Community Ambassador team. Assist in creation of annual budget and costing of student living activities in collaboration with student living team and General Manager.