Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
Benjamin Moore & Co., a leading paint manufacturer throughout the United States and Canada is seeking a Resin Manager for their Pell City, Alabama facility. This position is responsible for the overall management of the latex resin manufacturing Pell City facility. More specifically, responsibilities include;
- Ensure the plant, equipment and employees adhere to OSHA guidelines and to the company's internal safety and quality SOPs.
- Provide technical expertise to resolve manufacturing & processing issues
- Lead manufacturing engineering, maintenance and processing resources in achieving Plant and Corporate objectives in the areas of safety, quality and cost.
- Manage operations within budget; assist in preparation of annual budget and standards.
- Advise and influence business and plant management of potential applications of new advances in modification to existing plant facilities, design of new production facilities, and modifications to systems and procedures
- Prepare process specifications and documenting required Standard Operating Procedures
- Identify and lead process optimization initiatives resulting in efficient manufacture of quality resin
- Responsible for cost-effective and timely plant MRO purchases.
- Work closely with corporate engineering resources to identify and drive continuous improvement opportunities in all aspects of operations
- Identify, recommend, implement and track capital investment projects.
- Assist product development by applying process knowledge to evaluate new products and equipment requirements
- Work closely with Corporate and Product Development to ensure resin quality
- Maintain compliance of the site Process Safety Management (PSM) program covering resin manufacturing, bulk tank farm and low flash production
- Provide mentorship to the resin operations staff to support development consistent with company's competency expectations
- BS in Engineering; preferably chemical
- Experience with resin or polymer chemical manufacturing processes is a plus
- Solid knowledge of OSHA/PSM, federal, state, and local environmental, safety and industrial hygiene laws and regulations.
- Experience with a continuous process discipline such as Six Sigma/Lean/TQM.
- Black/Green belt certification a plus
- Strong leadership and project management experience
- Experience with SAP ERP system
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Travel -- less than 10% all domestic
- Familiarity with PLC and HMI