Working in Operations at UnitedHealth Group is one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
If it sounds too good to be true, consider this: Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high - performance structure that works better for more people in more ways.
- Researching errors by comparing enrollment error reports against system information along with CMS (Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services) records
- Sending correspondence to members or CMS (Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services) to gather information or provide updates for corrections
- Reconciling reports
- Performing basic clerical functions with proficient PC skills
- Analytical and researching techniques to trend or quantify projects
- Initiate and assist with developments / changes to increase or change quality and productivity
- Preparing, processing, and maintaining new member or group enrollments
- Responding to member eligibility or group questions and verify enrollment status
- Working with various types of member correspondence
- Reconciling eligibility discrepancies, analyzing transactional data and submitting retroactive eligibility changes
- Inventory control of member and group transactions
- Moderate work experience within own function
- Assisting at Member Education Sessions, Health Fairs, and Diabetes Day Clinic
- Assisting at various Bronx locations
- Some work is completed without established procedures
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others
- Supervision / guidance is required for higher level tasks
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience in an office setting environment using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform job duties
- Experience editing and creating spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel
- Experience creating and editing professional documents in Microsoft Word
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Associate's Degree (or higher)
- 1+ years of Call Center Customer Service experience
- 1+ years of work experience with insurance
- 1+ years of experience working with the chronically ill, elderly, disabled, and or frail population
- Understanding of Medicaid and Medicare regulations
- Experience creating and editing presentations and professional documents in Microsoft PowerPoint
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to representatives talking, computers, printers, and floor activity
This position may require additional access approvals inclusive of extended background verifications post hire.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State
. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in healthcare here. We serve the healthcare needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, HIV / AIDS and High - risk Pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes - based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive Healthcare, Community, and Government partners to heal healthcare and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Enrollment, Claims, Medical Claims, Healthcare Claims, Insurance Claims, Insurance Contracts, Office, UnitedHealth Group, Training Class, Customer Service Representative, Customer Service, CSR, Data Entry, Phone Support