Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network
- Follows all safety guidelines, rules; environmental and regulatory guidelines; uses all required safety equipment.
- Maintains quality and cleanliness of the work area and equipment.
- Participates in preventive maintenance programs including process machinery/equipment lubrication, adjustments, cleaning and operating diagnosis.
- Coordinates with outside contractors and supplemental support when necessary, including repairs, installations, security, fire prevention, loss control, etc.
- Conducts diagnosis and troubleshooting of computer and PLC control systems. Troubleshoots and repairs machinery.
- Proper record keeping of all maintenance, security systems/controls, fire prevention systems/controls, etc.
- Maintains proper facility, and assets integrity including structural, HVAC, lighting, electrical, plumbing, boiler operation, repairs and improvements.
- Engages in implementing improvements to facility operations
Health and Safety / Administration.
- Orders parts using purchase order system, performs spare parts inventory, performs building maintenance (lighting, plumbing, etc.), and conducts weekly tests on sprinkler equipment for fire safety.
- In collaboration with facility management, develops and executes facility improvement projects as directed by facility management. Participates and contributes to specified capital improvement projects directed by facility management.
- Provides guidance and training to all operators on skill development, processes and techniques.
- High School or equivalent with minimum 2 years Trade (technical) diploma or 10 years relative experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a similar industry.
- Electrical Skills: Three phase motor troubleshooting, motor control circuits troubleshooting and installation, AC variable frequency drive installation and troubleshooting. Able to troubleshoot other electrical circuits including control boards and low voltages. Also able to read and generate electrical schematics. Electrical and controls experience a plus.
- PLC Skills: Ability to read and write logic at a machine level and/or Enterprise level. Ability to troubleshoot logic and make corrective actions in the program (Allen-Bradley and/or GE Fanuc preferred)
- Instrumentation Skills: Ability to install and troubleshoot: RTD's, Thermo couplings, Radar Levels, Mass Flow meters, HART communications protocols, Pressure Differential devices.
- Mechanical Skills: Ability to install machinery following OEM guidelines, welding (MIG, TIG). Ability to troubleshoot mechanical issues including mechanical drive systems. Ability to troubleshoot and install mechanical pumps (Positive displacement, centrifugal, AOD).
- Millwright traits (rigging, lifting)
- Strong training in LO/TO, Arch Flash (NFPA 70E).
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds continuously throughout shift.