Job TitleCredit & Collections Clerk
Requisition Primary LocationMiami, Florida
Waste Connections is looking for a Credit/Collections Clerk for our location in Miami Hauling Miami FL. This position is very similar to a call center type position where you will handle inbound calls from our customers and generate outbound calls to all customers pass due.
The Collections/Billing Rep fields calls from Customers and works to resolve problems they raise concerning service or billing. A successful Collections/Billing Rep must understand the Waste Connections business, so they can resolve various types of customer issues. Customer Service Representatives must show empathy or sensitivity to the customer regarding the issue at hand.
A typical schedule is Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm, with the occasional Saturday. Average workweek is 42.5 Hours. Full benefits offered the 1st of the month following 60 days of employment.
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual's unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
Why You Need to Join Us!
INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
Do not stop by or call our local office.
Please apply online at www.wasteconnections.com.
If you have any problems filling out the application call Pete Carreon at (see application details).
- Follow the company phone scripting on all calls
- Work in a fast paced, cooperative, high call volume environment
- Work in conjunction with other departments to resolve customer disputes and issues
- Interact with customers and records interaction information into computer
- Talk with customers by phone or in person and receives orders for installation, turn on, discontinuance, or change in service
- Determines charges for service requested, collects deposits, prepares change of address records, and issues discontinuance orders and/or restart of service
- Adjust complaints concerning billing or service rendered, referring complaints
- Process Customer refund
- Deliver services to customers in a manner that promotes goodwill. Interact with customers and Waste Connections employees to determine service requirements, resolve problems or complaints, and seeks cost-effective, safe environmentally sound solutions to service issues
- Complete additional tasks as assigned by management
- Training all new employees and temps when necessary
- Complete any company assigned training programs
- Promote Waste Connections standard operating procedures, which assure efficient environmentally correct and safe workplace practices
- Work environment is an office setting. Areas are clean, ventilated, and well lite. Our Customer
- Service Reps normally have their own workstation or cubicle space and are equipped with a telephone, headset, and computer
- CSR call areas can be noisy and work may be repetitious and stressful, with little time in between calls, while still providing excellent service. Some calls are evaluated to ensure high standards Also, long periods spent sitting, typing, or looking at a computer screen are common
Ideal Candidates Will Have:
- Candidates must have a minimum of 1 year of Call Center Customer Service experience
- Candidates must have a minimum of 1 year of Collections experience
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, and Email preferred. Typing and 10-key skills are required
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Experience in collections
- Proficiency in Spanish a must
We offer excellent Family benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to.
"Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)