Siri QE Engineer, Automation
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Posted: Nov 8, 2018
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200008956
Would you like to play a part in ensuring the quality of groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, natural language, big data, and artificial intelligence? Drive the quality of the Siri user experience and work with the people who built the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done - just by asking? Join the Siri QE team at Apple! Siri QE Engineer, Test Infrastructure, will own test automation roadmap, testing strategy and QE tools requirements for Siri Assistant, Speech and Proactive, ensuring the most optimal testing execution. Tool requirements fulfillment includes 'proof of concept' development. This role is also responsible for developing the approach, tools and testing for Systems Integration (client / server and data / server). As the Siri architecture evolves, test infrastructure must keep up. A key deliverable of the role is a significant improvement in failure actionability, combined with failures prioritization. This is a fast-paced role with high visibility, impact and helping to build the most advanced systems in the industry.
- 10+ years of professional work experience, in Development or Quality Engineering
- 5+ years of experience managing an engineering team
- Ideal candidate has experience with test infrastructure, quality tools and automation, and system integration testing
- Self-motivated and dedicated with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Experience working with large scale server software features, test planning and execution.
- Fluent programming in Java (or advanced usage of OO language such as C++, Python, Obj-C or Swift).
- Fluent with scripting in Python, Perl, Bash.
- Working experience with different logging and analytics frameworks.
- Ability to build test automation frameworks.
- Experience with root cause analysis of multi-tiered, client-server environments.
- Testing server backend services, especially at the API or protocol level.
- Familiarity with testing machine learning systems.
- Strong organizational skills and experience working on large multi-functional teams.
- Thrives on working in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to lead large teams, develop long term vision and execute strategies at scale
Owns the quality engineering automation roadmap, for Siri Assistant, Speech and Proactive features. Owns QE tool requirements, inclusive of 'proof of concept' development, and co-owns the development roadmap. Develops success criteria for QE tools testing, inclusive of ML and ML driven evaluation tools testing, and oversees such testing and feedback. Owns Systems Integration testing, complete with test plan and tools development (client / server and data / server) Contributes to the server-side test automation effort, to ensure platform stability Thinks tirelessly of strategic and creative ways to evaluate and improve Siri user experience, and drives the team to work towards this shared goal Success of automation is measured by improved test coverage, efficiency of execution, and by improving failure
Education & Experience
MS/BS in Computer Science or related field.