There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Under the direction of physicians, the Clinic LVN Nurse provides clinical support functions and professional nursing care to patients using established standards of clinical nursing care and practices approved by WellMed Medical Group.
This is a full time, hourly, M-F position with excellent compensation, benefits within 30 days, bonus potential, vacation / sick time, paid holidays, annual reviews! From January to March, Saturday hours of 8-12 are required.
- High school diploma or GED
- Current Texas Vocational Nurse license
- Current BLS and/or CPR certification or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment
- Proficient computer skills to work efficiently with electronic medical records
- Effective use of proper grammar, spelling, medical terminology, ICD-9 and CPT coding
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- IV certification
- 1+ years of experience in a medical setting
- Ability to perform medical procedures, give injections and perform phlebotomy
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Effective listening and communication skills
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi - specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: LVN, LPN, Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, Clinic LVN, El Paso, TX, Texas
Please see job description.