Job TitleRecycle Maintenance Technician
Requisition Primary LocationMiami, Florida
Waste Connections has an immediate opening for a Recycle Maintenance Technician in our Miami Transfer Station, Miami Hauling, Miami Florida. This position will be performing maintenance on Recycle Equipment, Hydraulics, balers, recycle materials processing facilities, ie. Sorting metals, plastics, fiber, glass and residuals.
Monday - Saturday, Day Shift working 10 to 11 hours days.
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual's unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
Why You Need to Join Us!
INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
Do not stop by or call our local office.
Please apply online at www.wasteconnections.com.
If you have any problems filling out the application call Pete Carreon at (see application details).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform repairs and assigned preventative maintenance. Performs electrical, mechanical, welding, and electrical motors. Perform repairs and routine maintenance on recycle equipment, Hydraulics, balers, recycle materials processing facilities, ie. Sorting metals, plastics, fiber, glass and residuals.
- Perform routine maintenance or minor repairs on recycling equipment i.e. Star Gears, Fingers Sorters, Ballistics, Belts, and cleaning, inspecting and or lubricating plant equipment.
- Reviews and completes, repairs identified on Daily Inspection Reports.
- Conducts safety checks on recycle equipment.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards. Typical schedule is Monday-Friday and typically every other Saturday, or as needed.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair equipment in the field.
- Usually well-lighted and ventilated.
- Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must provide own personal tools and tool box.
- 1 to 2 yrs. experience working with recycle equipment
- 1 to 2 yrs. experience working with Balers, recycle ,materials processing facilities
- 1 to 2yrs. experience working using small loaders and forklift a must
- 1 to 2 yrs. experience performing routine maintenance or minor repairs on recycling equipment i.e. Star Gears, Finger Sorters, Ballistics, belts and cleaning
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)