Family Health Centers at NYU Langone, a designated Level 3 Medical Home, is the largest federally qualified health center network in New York State, and the second largest in the nation. It includes nine primary care sites, 33 school-based health centers and dental clinics, four day care centers, the nation's largest dental residency program, and New York State's largest behavioral health program. The network also includes 12 community medicine sites providing care to disenfranchised New Yorkers, comprehensive HIV services, chemical dependency programs, and a family support center that offers educational, vocational, and other social support programs. Learn more about Family Health Centers at NYU Langone .
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Counselor.
The Program Counselor is responsible for providing support for community members and participants at the Family Support Center and the Sunset Park Health Center. This includes screening patients for social determinants of health, referring for needed services, providing case management and ensuring comprehensive data collection and follow-up..
- Other duties as assigned by Family Support leadership.
- Assists with SNAP screening/application processes
- Reports child abuse/neglect when indicated
- Identifies and makes referrals to a variety of public and community agencies providing food, shelter, clothing, medical, educational and other services. Schedules client appointments acts as client advocate in obtaining services.
- Facilitate referrals to the family support center/ on-site referrals/ on-site resource connections
- Track screening & referral data on all children 0-5years.
- Attend staff meetings and other appropriate meetings provided by the agency.
- Performs appropriate assessments
- Help implement screening into clinic flow for Social determinants of health (SDH)
To qualify you must have a Bachelors Degree in social work or human services field.
1+ years relevant experience working, ability to plan and manage, knowledge of Social Work methods and practices.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone's network provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view Family Health Centers at NYU Langone's EEO policies, please click here . Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here .
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone
Family Resource Ctr- FHC (P66410)