Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Talk about meaningful work. Talk about an important role. Let's talk about your next career move. Due to our expanding business, UnitedHealth Group is seeking Clinical Administrative Coordinators who share our passion for helping others live healthier lives. As one of the world's leading health care companies, UnitedHealth Group is pursuing innovative new ways to operate our service centers and improve on our ability to deliver high - quality care. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact informative, productive and positive for our members and providers. You'll have the opportunity to do live outreach, educating members about program benefits and services while also helping to manage member cases. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. Take this opportunity and begin doing your life's best work.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You'll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
The Clinical Administrative Coordinator is dedicated to providing multifaceted outreach services. The Clinical Administrative Coordinator is responsible for supporting and facilitating a strategic plan to engage members in educational activities designed to improve health, quality outcomes and member compliance with selected HEDIS and Quality measures.
Positions in this function includes those responsible for initial triage of members, administrative intake of members or managing the admission / discharge information post-notification, working with hospitals and the clinical team. Includes managing incoming calls, managing requests for services from providers / members, providing information on available network services and transferring members as appropriate to clinical staff.
Appointment setting includes, but not limited to the following services:
- EPSDT and Immunizations appointments
- Lead Screenings
- Well Child Visits
- Comprehensive Diabetic Services
- Prenatal and Postpartum
- Well Woman Services
- Adults and children with physical or development disabilities
- Other HEDIS / HEDIS like measures and projects as assigned
The Clinical Administrative Coordinator tracks and manages member appointments using the following multifaceted, multi - functional methodologies:
- Telephonic outreach including direct member and provider call 3 - way appointments
- Participation on UHC's Member Consumer Advisory Board
- Collaboration with Local Health Departments, FQHC, School Based Health Centers and State Agencies
- Community events and health fairs
- Bulk appointment with provider collaboration
- Develops effective relationships with provider office, other contracted services, management, peers and co - workers
The Clinical Administrative Coordinator is deployed at contracted Practices to perform the following but not limited to:
- Conduct Onsite Appointment Scheduling
- Provide face - to - face interaction with practice
- Address any issues or concerns pertaining to the Member
- Manage administrative intake of members or the admission / discharge information post notification
- Copy charts for services already rendered
- Provide education to practices on the various member incentives offered for targeted services
Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide expertise claims support by reviewing, researching and investigating all types of preventive and clinical claims to ensure members received appropriate critical measures
- Obtain information from providers on critical measure requests for year-round initiative and medical record review
- Develop and maintain business relationships with provider offices
- Provider added values to Practices through onsite appointment scheduling
- Educate member and practices on the member incentives offered for targeted services
- Work as a liaison between the health department, school based health center or providers office to ensure member receive appropriate care
- Maintain records, reports and statistics
- Completion of special projects (as assigned)
- Document all outcomes
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- Previous Healthcare experience
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Office including Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint (email, calendar management, creating templates, sorting, filtering, data entry and creating slides)
- Previous experience applying fundamental health care, quality and auditing concepts, practices and procedures
- Knowledge of sampling methods and measurement techniques
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Comfortable with up to 10% travel within the local area
- Ability to work Monday through Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Experience working with ICD - 10 and CPT codes
- Knowledge of United Healthcare claims processing systems
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV / AIDS and high - risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes - based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Columbia, MD, customer service, healthcare, telephonic, patient interaction, field based, advocacy, Bilingual in English and Spanish