The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for performing professional human resources work in a variety of concentrations, including: Compliance, Training and Development, Staffing and Recruiting, Associate and Labor Relations, as well as Administrative Duties and special projects for the area. This position will work closely with Area HR Leadership in a proactive approach to ensure the right associates are in the right jobs and are fully engaged and properly developed to provide sustained business success.
This position will be based in Santa Ana, and support operations for the Southwest Area. This area covers Southern California Locations.
- Bachelors Degree required; degree in Human Resources Management, -Business Administration or closely related field strongly preferred.
- PRH-CA certification highly preferred
- 2-3 years of HR generalist experience, or equivalent business experience preferred.
-Bilingual Spanish Required
- Willingness to travel as needed to various locations as required or as directed by Area leadership.
- Experience in a unionized environment is a plus.
- Detail oriented with strong organization and documentation skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Familiarity with HRIS systems (Oracle and Taleo preferred).
- Ability to interpret Employment Law (Federal and State) and general HR policies.
- Ability to collect, compile, and analyze information and data.
- Ability to communicate effectively throughout the organization both in person and through written correspondence and presentations.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific locations required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group Corporation and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 216,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.