Are you current in culinary trends? Do you consider yourself a modern, cutting-edge culinarian? Do you thrive in a fast-paced kitchen environment? Grow your culinary career with a management position with Sodexo!
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 2 for Scripps College - a high profile private University in Claremont, CA in Southern California. We offer Award Winning Student Dining for over 1,000 students and high-end Catering Services for this prestigious College, part of the Claremont Colleges.
The Ideal Candidate will have the following in your culinary “tool kit”:
- Can you “throw down” in very HIGH VOLUME production -Have experience in large volume dining (over 1,500 meals/day), with ability and knowledge to develop menus within a contract, meeting food costs and dietary requests.
- A strong artistic culinary flair – can you impress the President of a university and lead catering culinary department to provide new trending catering ideas/menus.
- Knowledge of current culinary trends – can you compete with food trends and top chefs?
- Have ability to inspire a kitchen staff - Be a strong trainer/mentor to the culinary staff – elevating their skills, overseeing daily production to high standards of quality/presentation and on trend menus, and ensuring safety/sanitation.
- Seeking Bilingual candidates – the ability to speak Spanish will be helpful communicating with this workforce.
If you have previous experience in high-volume restaurants, casino dining, campus, hospital, military or corporate accounts – Want to make the jump into Universities Food Services? This could be your dream job! Apply TODAY!
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.