As a Community Health Worker, you will act in a liaison role with United Healthcare Dual Special Needs Community & State members to ensure appropriate care is accessed as well as to provide home and social assessments and member education.
This function is for UHC C&S Only (with the exception of the Community Health Worker role). Positions in this function address efforts focused on medical, behavioral, and social determinants of health factors that improve the well - being of individuals, families, and communities.
- Locate members who need guidance
- Outreach to members in person who have either had appointments for in person visits scheduled for the Member Navigator, or outreach in person to members for home visits scheduled by the Member Navigator.
- In person outreach will be 80%, 4 days per week. Work week will be 5 days per week, with the 5th day focused on documentation and other administrative goals.
- Create a positive experience and relationship with the member
- May focus primarily on conducting health risk assessments with members
- If assigned health plan members to assist in completion of recommended screenings and tests:
- Inquire if members need help with any specific barriers to healthcare
- Identify health plan resources or local community resources to provide solutions for the member
- Keep the member out of the hospital by supporting regular visits to their primary physician
- Keep member actively engaged with their primary physician
- Support the member to ensure pick - up of their Rx or home delivery via mail
- Proactively engage the member to manage their care
- Provide member education
- Support transitions of care
- Help to keep members compliant with their care plans
- Partner with care team (community, providers, internal UHG staff / programs)
- Knowledge and continued learning of community cultures and values
- Moderate work experience within own function.
- Some work is completed without established procedures.
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others.
- Supervision/guidance is required for higher level tasks.
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with the ability to edit, create, save and send spreadsheets and documents as well as be able to utilize its applications in a Professional setting.
- Knowledge of culture and values in the local community.
- 3+ years of experience working within the community Health setting in a Healthcare role.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Familiarity with the resources available within the community.
- Outbound patient / member outreach experience, both telephonic and field - based / in - person.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Experience working in Managed Care.
- Knowledge of Medicaid & Medicare populations in your local area.
- Ability to work Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV / AIDS and high - risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes - based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Community, Health, Worker