Cuando se trata de salir adelante y tienes la voluntad de ganar, vamos a llamarlo gran potencial de carrera!
Imagine being able to get answers to your health plan questions from someone who speaks the same language as you do. Or, the opposite, not being able to get the answers. At UnitedHealth Group, we want our customers to get those answers by speaking to one of our Bilingual Representatives. If you're fluent in English and Spanish, we can show you how to put all of your skills, your passions and your energy to work in a fast growing environment.
The world is a more interesting place when you can see it through someone else’s eyes. Bring your empathy and compassion to a role that will bring out your best everyday. UnitedHealthcare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, can provide you with some of the best training and tools in the world to help build relationships and serve our existing and new customers. You’ll take as many as 50-70 calls per day from customers who have questions about their health benefits. As their advocate, you’ll use your personality and our tools to help them through the health care benefits available to them, including helping them enroll in a new plan. This is no small opportunity. Join us and discover how you can take your career to a new level.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week). Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (7:00am to 10:00pm, Monday-Friday and 8:00am-5:30pm, Saturday). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at 6200 Northwest Pkwy, San Antonio, TX 78249.
There are several steps in our hiring process. Please make sure that you have filled out all required sections of your employment application. Once you submit your completed application, you will receive an e-mail with information regarding next steps including any pre-employment assessment(s) that are required. Both your application and any required assessment(s) need to be completed before we can consider you for employment so the sooner you complete these two steps, the sooner you will hear from us. To learn more, go to: http://uhg.hr/OurApplicationProcess
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll be spending long periods of time on the phone and called on to research complex issues pertaining to the caller’s health, status and potential plan options. To do this, you’ll need to navigate across multiple databases which require fluency in computer navigation and toggling while confidently and compassionately engaging with the caller.
- Respond to and resolve on the first call, customer service inquires and issues by identifying the topic and type of assistance the caller needs such as benefits, eligibility and claims, financial spending accounts and correspondence
- Educate customers about the fundamentals and benefits of consumer-driven health care, guiding them on topics such as selecting the best benefit plan options, maximizing the value of their health plan benefits and choosing a quality care provider
- Contact care providers (doctor’s offices) on behalf of the customer to assist with appointment scheduling or connections with internal specialists for assistance
- Assist customers in navigating myuhc.com and other UnitedHealth Group websites while encouraging and guiding them towards becoming self-sufficient in using these tools
- Spanish Bilingual Required
- High school diploma or GED OR equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner
- Proficient in translating health care-related jargon and complex processes into simple, step-by-step instructions customers can understand and act upon
- Proficient conflict management skills to resolve issues in a stressful situation
- 1+ year of experience in a related environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
- Prior health care experience
Helping create positive customer experiences for our members can drive your sense of impact and purpose. Join us as we improve the lives of millions. Learn more about how you can start doing your life’s best work.SM
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Key words: customer service representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, call center, UnitedHealthcare, health care, healthcare, office, phone support, training class, advocate
Please see job description.