At Optum, we share what might be seen as a surprisingly simple goal: making the health system work better for everyone. We look for people who relentlessly push themselves to go farther. For these high performers, a position on a team at Optum, a business of UnitedHealth Group, is a natural fit. We offer more than the talent, resources and can - do culture - we offer a place to improve the lives of others while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
- Greet patients
- Coordinate patient flow
- Assist patients with intake or admitting processes
- Collect co-payments, co-insurance and deductibles
The pace is fast, so your ability to multi-task is essential. You should also enjoy working with people and have the communication skills necessary to build strong relationships with our patients.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ years of related work experience, including data entry
- 1+ years of experience in a medical or healthcare setting
- Ability to read and interpret office forms and insurance cards and understand referrals
- ICD 9 or 10 and CPT coding experience
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish and English
Transforming healthcare and millions of lives starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring. Find out more and join us. It’s an opportunity to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: patient care, coordinator, office, medical, optum, healthcare, insurance verification, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona