Are you currently looking for outstanding opportunity for career growth?
Currently, Sodexo is seeking an organized, detail-oriented Production Manager to be the key driver of the culinary process at Mess Hall 710 in Yuma AZ.
The Production Manager must have large volume food production experience and be a true "foodie" with the attention to taste, presentation and customer service. The United States Marines have a high level food service expectation and this account will require the Sodexo staff to deliver exceptional food service. Withing Government Services, contract compliance is critical; safety and customer service is a high priority, as extensive audits and surveys and conducted at each unit on a weekly basis. Sodexo offers innovative and healthy concepts while keeping to a strict profit and loss financial statement.
This long-standing partnership with the USMC offers an innovative Dining Program supporting the USMC towards their mission to train recruits to begin their career as United States Marines. Mess Hall 710 has three serving lines, supporting four concepts. This Mess Hall serves up to 2,500 meals a day. This unit also supports a satalight location for lunch Monday-Friday.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Production Manager will lead the culinary team with planning, organizing and managing the daily food production. They will be responsible for managing the culinary operations including ordering, training and weekly inventory.
- Managing the daily food production that includes production planning and controls
- Ensuring Sodexo Culinary Standards that includes recipe compliance and food quality
- Labor and food inventory management
- High level cleaning and sanitation
- Training and Development for culinary team
Qualifications for this position include:
- Prior culinary management experience
- Food production planning management in high volume food production
- Food cost management
- HACCPHACCPledge and ServSafe certification
- Strong employee communication and delegation skills
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a large facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety.
- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards