Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
You never thought your career could help millions of lives. Well, here you can. As a Community Outreach Representative, you'll utilize innovative strategies and programs to ensure access to health care coverage for the underserved and impact millions of lives. You'll use your energetic, empathetic approach to marketing and add value to our team. Through community marketing and outreach efforts, you will have direct impact on membership growth and retention. You'll use your creativity, strategic lens and outspoken attitude to be part of an elite team to rewrite the history of UnitedHealth Group. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
- Support the Sales / Marketing team in assigned territory
- Establish new relationships and maintain existing ones
- Collaborate with Sales Agents and Agent Managers to understand their needs
- Identify opportunity and develop a Marketing strategy, in a diverse multi - cultural Senior citizen population, which is supportive to the Sales Agent's networking (territory)
- Share our mission to help people live healthier lives, throughout the communities we service
- Create educational and sales events within our targeted population
- Execute, plan and coordinate resources (i.e., Vendors, Partners, Sales Agent, etc.) to ensure a successful event
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding targeted growth, retention, and enrollment expectations within assigned territory (Pembroke Pines, Miramar, or Fort Lauderdale)
- Opening and closing United Health Group storefronts
- Generating and coordinating traffic to location
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience in a deadline driven environment
- 2+ years of experience managing and prioritizing several deliverables
- 2+ years proven experience influencing and collaborating with others
- Health / Life Insurance License
- Intermediate (or higher) level of experience with Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word (create correspondence and work within templates), Microsoft Excel (data entry, sort / filter, and work within tables), Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management), and Microsoft PowerPoint (create presentation)
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time within territory
- Ability to work evenings & weekends, when required
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in healthcare here. We serve the healthcare needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, HIV / AIDS and High - risk Pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes - based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive Healthcare, Community, and Government partners to heal healthcare and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life’s best work.
- 2+ years of Community Outreach field experience
- 2+ years of marketing experience with in a matrix organization
- 1+ years of experience with Medicare and / or Medicaid
- Knowledge of CMS (Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services) Marketing rules and regulations
- Bilingual fluency with English and Spanish
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Community Outreach Representative, marketing, sales, community planner, community outreach, Medicare, Medicaid, Florida
Please see job description.