In this role you will utilize your nursing skills and focus on preventative healthcare for seniors in a clinic setting. You will build meaningful relationships with seniors, their family members, healthcare providers, and office staff. You will enjoy profound job satisfaction as you impact the care and comfort of our aging population.
We offer a regular schedule 8am to 5pm Monday - Friday and the benefits of working for a Fortune 5 company - career opportunities, great benefits, paid time off, and more! The successful candidate will demonstrate knowledge of chronic disease management, and have experience related to patient education and/or motivational interviewing skills and self-management goal setting in addition to effective communication skills.
The Licensed Practical Nurse performs a variety of activities to assist physicians and nursing personnel in delivering quality patient care. This position performs all duties within the scope of an LPN, including procedures, injections, EKG’s and phlebotomy.
- Reviews the patient record, chart, reports (including laboratory and x-ray), and other pertinent information for each patient prior to being seen by the provider and reports relevant information to the provider 100% of the time
- Screens patients for chief complaint and history for the condition necessitating the visit and records the information in the medical record
- Rooms patients according to company standards
- Performs all nursing care duties within the scope of a Licensed Practical Nurse, including procedures, injections, EKG’s and phlebotomy
- Organizes, cleans and stocks exam rooms and sterilizes instruments
- Coordinates patient care as directed by physician, company standards and policies
- Answers phones, schedules appointments and arranges for patient transportation as needed
- Participates in marketing events as determined by business need
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Current Practical Nurse License in the State of Florida
- 2+ years of related LPN clinical experience
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and ICD-10 and CPT coding
- Computer literacy in word, outlook, excel
- Ability to maintain quality control standards
- IV certified
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- Experience with ECW or other EMR systems
- Bilingual Spanish
If the hired individual resides in Florida (office based or ) this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: LPN, Clinic, managed care, bilingual Spanish, Excel, ECW, EMR, IVC-10, CPT, IV Certified, Fort Pierce, Port St. Lucie, Jensen Beach, FL