Job TitleLandfill Assistant District Manager
Requisition Primary LocationMaryland Heights, Missouri
Join Waste Connections, Inc., and Connect with Your Future!
Looking for a career not a job? Do you want to understand the day to day operations of a highly dynamic business in a growth industry? Do you have a background in environmental studies, engineering or project management? If you have a passion for field services, but would also like some balance with office functions and wish to build and lead a motivated team, this position may be a great fit for you!
We are currently seeking talented Assistant Landfill District Managers to oversee one of our disposal or recycling facilities in the Central United States. As an Assistant District Manager (ADM) at Waste Connections, you will be involved with all aspects of the business. The ADM Program provides training on all aspects of the job including personnel leadership and management, operations, maintenance, accounting/finance, safety, compliance and all the technical aspects of day to day operations. The program the training necessary to considered for advancement into a Site or District Manager role within 18-24 months of beginning your career with the company.
Our ideal candidate will be willing to learn what it takes to manage and lead a Waste Connections Landfill. This position would require the willingness to relocate for career advancement opportunities.
Waste Connections is a publicly traded company that specializes in the removal and disposal of solid waste materials and recycling. We pride ourselves in being a team of driven employees who do the right thing, at the right time, for the right reason. Our decentralized business model empowers employees to make an immediate impact at the local level. And, most importantly, we work hard but play harder!
- Oversees personnel needs of the site including selecting, coaching, disciplining, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Scheduling employees and equipment.
- Operating various pieces of heavy equipment.
- Maintain and monitor gas wells and assist with necessary expansions.
- Assists in monitoring budget and operating metrics while diagnosing and improving processes, procedures, and performance.
- Executes necessary precautions to ensure safety and compliance with the company, OSHA, and other standards and regulations.
- Formulates both short-term and long-term goals and action plans in conjunction with the District Manager.
- Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure that budgets are met and operational costs are optimized.
- Interacts with Landfill customers to ensure customer satisfaction, improve efficiency, renew contracts and negotiate new contracts.
- Interacts with State and local agencies to insure efficient and effective compliance with rules and regulations.
- Minimum of 2 year degree preferred (preferably in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Management or other related field).
- Previous supervisory experience in landfill operations, heavy construction and/or environmental field services is a plus.
- Previous experience working outdoors in all weather types. This position will require working outdoors approximately 70% of the time and in an office setting, 30% of the time.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish a plus.
- Must be willing to relocate
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)