The role of the Senior Programmer Analyst is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain new software applications and reporting as well as maintaining and updating existing applications and reports in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing applications and reports. The Senior Programmer Analyst will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Define, present, develop, test, analyze and maintain new software applications, data feeds and reporting as well as maintaining and updating existing applications, procedures and reports in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing applications and reports. Striving toward process improvements via concrete measurements and metrics.
- Conducts thorough problem analysis in regard to technical system and application programs; documents findings and proposes problem resolution alternatives.
- Documentation of code, changes and requirements.
- Participates in training to provide a source for continuing education.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including WorldWide Business Standards.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
Work Experience: 5 or more years of increasing responsibility in terms of any applicable professional experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline. Master's degree or global equivalent a plus. Siebel developer certification will be a plus.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Technical proficiency in relevant languages and development tools required. Knowledge of Oracle Development tools and PL/SQL is preferred. Ability to communicate clearly in writing, by phone and in person and work effectively with all types of people at all levels of the organization, both within and outside the I.S. Department. Confidentiality sensitive.
- Outstanding knowledge of Siebel application development and implementation
- Outstanding technical proficiency in Siebel configuration using Siebel Tools
- Excellent knowledge of Workflows, Scripting, Web Services
- Excellent knowledge of developing required SQL queries, stored procedures and functions to check results on MS SQL Server or similar environment .
- Excellent knowledge of developing SSIS packages
- Excellent knowledge of Siebel Call center or sales and Field service applications
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Job Field: IT/Software Development