The Sr Profit Analyst will work closely with the Inventory Management and Marketing teams to identify profit opportunities related to the company's purchasing and marketing strategies. Primary responsibilities include reviewing and analyzing all inner margin and promotional deals negotiated with suppliers (including off invoice as well as bill back and rebate deals) to determine the direct impact on the profit margin, as well as ensuring that Inventory Management has implemented and completed purchasing in a timely and efficient manner.
- Responsible for the inner margin / investment buy process by working closely with management and the Inventory Management teams.
- Provides data analysis related to investment buy opportunities. Monitors and analyzes price increases and price increase forward buys to ensure the profit opportunity is maximized. Work in conjunction with Buyers to analyze and communicate financial impact to management on price increase forward buy restrictions by Suppliers.
- Identify, validate and summarize price protection activities related to inventory and work with financial operations to manage process with suppliers
- Simulates and analyze promotional buying activity and compare to actual buying activity, in order to determine any variances from the expected.
- Responsible for administering the ROI process related to rebate programs, exclusive agreements and related direct buys by working closely with management and the Rebate Program Drivers and/or Business Development teams.
- Analyzes data provided by the business teams and works with management to prepare ROI documents which support various profit initiatives or exclusive programs as business strategic directives.
- Reviews historical activity verses upcoming rebates and promotions, and tracks to actual purchases. Work with Buyers to discuss and determine reasons for any unfavorable discrepancies and communicate to Suppliers.
- Works with buying teams to ensure all ROI related purchases are executed timely and communicated to suppliers accordingly.
- Performs ad-hoc analysis as requested by management and Business Units / Marketing teams on various profitability initiatives.
- Works with Distribution teams to understand cube/pallet impact to buying decisions
- Evaluate varying levers of carrying cost as it pertains to ROIs (gross and net)
- Inform management of rebate risks and opportunities (current, projected and associated variances to prior years and/or expectations)
- Perform modeling activities as it relates to inventory, purchasing, distribution, freight, and other key performance indicators (i.e., fill rate impacts)
- Develop dashboards to summarize and inform management of key activities and performance indicators
- Utilize tools (i.e. profit tool) to identify opportunities and/or risks (develop tools further if appropriate)
- Continuously improves expertise in the E3 system to discover improved and advanced analysis techniques to help maximize profit opportunities and purchasing effectiveness and efficiency.
- Acts on behalf of Profit Manager in his/her absence to review and provide directions for the team.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
Senior level professional; knowledge and full understanding of one or more disciplines and good knowledge of organization, processes and customers. Good judgment, strong analytical ability, evaluation, originality and ingenuity required to perform tasks. Know and apply the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular field. Resolve issues and assignments in creative ways. Some assignments may be broad in nature. May serve as a resource to others to resolve complex problems and issues. May take on project co-lead role as required.
Work on problems of diverse scope and moderate impact where analysis of data requires a review of a variety of factors. Use best practices and knowledge of business strategy to solve complex problems; recommend solutions to business challenges. Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Network with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
Receive minimal instruction on day-to-day work and general instruction on new projects or assignments. May act as a resource to provide informal guidance for TSMs with less experience. Assignments can be broad in nature.
Typically 5 to 7 or more years of increasing responsibility in terms of any applicable professional experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline. Master's degree or global equivalent a plus. May hold one or more industry certifications; professional certification may be required to advance.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Strong understanding of industry practices
- High proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures
- Good planning/organizational skills and techniques
- Good decision making, analysis and problem solving skills with ability to multi-task
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good presentation and public speaking skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good conflict resolution skills and ability to deliver difficult messages
- Ability to build partnerships at all levels within the company, begin to build partnerships externally
- Resolve complex issues in effective ways
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong analytical skills and highly detail-oriented
- Advance Excel skills required
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge in supply chain, purchasing or inventory management preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Office including PPT and Word
- Experienced with data warehousing tools
Typically, to advance to a new job level, TSMs must demonstrate professional behavior and should consistently be at the high-end of meets expectations or consistently exceed expectations.
TRAVEL / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Travel typically less than 10%. Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Job Field: Administrative