Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work. sm
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the Healthcare system of tomorrow and you can help. Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance Healthcare system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant and built for speed. Join with us and start doing your lifes best work. sm
As a Bilingual Member Navigator, you will act in a liaison role with United Healthcare Medicare & Medicaid Retirement members to ensure appropriate care is accessed as well as to provide home and social assessments and member education.
- Locate members who need guidance, by phone and in person
- Create a positive experience and relationship with the member
- Help break down barriers and solve problems for the member to eventually lead to the member seeing their doctor to get recommended tests and health care checkup screenings
- Keep member actively engaged with their primary physician
- Support the member to ensure pick - up of their Rx or sign them up for mail delivery of their prescriptions
- Proactively engage the member to manage their care
- Provide member education
- Support transitions of care
- Help to keep members compliant with their care plans
- Partner with care team (community, providers, internal staff)
- Knowledge and continued learning of community cultures and values
- May conduct Health Risk Assessments via phone or in person, if needed
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of outbound patient / member outreach experience, both telephonic and field - based / in - person
- Experience and familiarity with the community organizations / resources available within the community or counties specified
- 3+ years of experience working within the community health setting in a healthcare role
- Knowledge of culture and values in the local community
- Experience using Microsoft Office including: Microsoft Word (create correspondence and work within templates), Microsoft Excel (data entry, sort / filter and work within tables, and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management)
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Field based experience (any)
- Ability to work Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 7:00 pm, with the flexibility to work outside of standard hours with approval
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in healthcare here. We serve the healthcare needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, HIV / AIDS and High-risk Pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes - based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive Healthcare, Community, and Government partners to heal healthcare and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your lifes best work.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Social Work, LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) Licensure, CNA / HHA and Medical assistants
- Knowledge of Medicaid and Medicare populations in your local area
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, United Healthcare, Albuquerque, NM, community, member, patient, bilingual, spanish
See job description.