Penske's supply chain professionals are committed to meeting the most complex requirements of our customers. Whatever the business, whatever a customer is building, packing and sending - we make sure they've got top-notch transportation and distribution in place to capitalize on a customer's potential so they Never Stop Moving(c). Penske Logistics brings industry knowledge, advanced systems and technical prowess to design and implement the most advanced supply chain solutions in use today.
If you are passionately personal, dedicated to excellence and an innovative thinker who wants to collaborate with senior and executive leadership to create and lead human capital strategies that drive business results, this role could be a great fit for you. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
This position is a key member of the HR Leadership and Field Operation teams, and will have responsibility for the planning and execution of the business's human capital management strategy including all aspects of talent management, associate and labor relations, risk management (absence management, wage and hour, EEO, etc.) staffing, associate engagement and diversity and inclusion.
Working closely with the Sr. Vice President of Operations, the position will require a strategic business partner approach to ensuring that we have competent associates in the right jobs, appropriate staffing levels, and strong benches to ensure sustained business success. The successful candidate will collaborate and work closely with their peer HR Directors to ensure consistency throughout our HR practices in North America. This position requires productive communication and collaboration with Corporate HR partners. The HR Director will lead projects that have enterprise wide impact.
- Strategic HR: Provide Sr. Vice President of Operations with analysis and human capital strategy designed to drive business results. Acts as HR's primary contact with the SVP for HR matters within the Region. Provides pro-active consultation to the SVP on all HR matters.
- Analytics: Regularly analyzes data from a human capital management perspective. Provides regional staff with relevant and meaningful HR metrics and analytics, using proprietary and commercially available tools to enable Operations to fully leverage human capital to drive business outcomes. Uses analytics to recommend changes for the business that drive continuous improvement.
- People Management: Hires, coaches, develops, and directs three (3) Area HR Managers in a matrixed reporting relationship with their Area Vice President of Operations.
- Change Management: Drives organizational change according to the business's human capital management strategy. Ensures execution of that strategy through the Area teams. Removes barriers to HR Managers' focus, goals and objectives, and helps Area HR Managers to prioritize.
- Associate Engagement: Manages Associate Opinion Survey activities for the region, ensuring that Area HR Managers are driving results at the local level. Takes periodic pulse checks when visiting locations.
- Associate Development and Talent Management: Leads region management staff development, leveraging internal and external training tools, including mentorship for high potential managers. Leads efforts around succession planning and development with a goal to building our bench, ensures that leaders are accurately represented in succession plans and that managers are using our succession planning and development planning tools effectively.
- Staffing: Facilitates and ensures the execution of detailed Area and Region staffing plans. Works closely with the Director of Staffing and is the point of escalation for Field HR with respect to staffing issues. Ensures that diverse pipelines exist for managerial positions.
- Performance Management:. Drives performance management philosophy through the Region, ensuring execution and consistency.
- Associate Relations: Consults with Area HR Managers on associate relations issues, escalating to VP of HR and/or Legal when necessary. Ensures consistency in the interpretation and application of HR policies across the Areas. Looks for patterns of issues, and elevates issues to Corporate as necessary for resolution.
- Labor Relations: Ensures that Area HR Managers are administering collective bargaining agreements effectively and training their managers to do the same. Oversees Area HR Managers' union risk assessments at locations and union avoidance training. Works with Directors of Labor Relations to develop regional union avoidance/union management strategy. Participates in contract negotiations for contracts which cross Areas w/in a Region, as necessary.
- Diversity: Drives Company's Diversity and Inclusion strategy through the Region. Promotes Diversity and Inclusion in all areas of practice. Watches for EEO claim trending and challenges HR Managers and Operations Managers in diversity sourcing, hiring, and promotions.
- Absence Management: Develops and drives regional initiatives intended to reduce unplanned absence, including safety, workers comp, LOA, etc.
- New Business: Manages new business due diligence and work with Area HR team to ensure start-up is adequately staffed and ready for business by the go-live date.
- Compensation: Will partner with the Compensation department to conduct wage surveys as needed. Provides compensation guidance and recommendations to Area HR Managers and Field Operations Managers.