Sodexo is seeking an experienced Food Services General Manager 5 to oversee all food operations at Pepperdine University – a high profile Sodexo showcase account since 1978 – in Malibu, CA. _The campus executes 7,500 transactions per day on average at this all retail account. The GM will report to the on campus Resident District Manager and will oversee 150 employees across campus. Pepperdine University is located on 830 acres of hillside overlooking Malibu beaches and Santa Monica (12 miles away) while the Pacific Ocean laps nearly at our doorstep. Services include multiple food retail venues including a full-service Starbucks, national brands and local concepts. Ideal candidate will have a strong passion for food; be detail oriented; have experience managing multi-service venues/locations; working knowledge of Sodexo systems and processes.
** Relocation assistance is offered for this opportunity! **
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous high-volume dining upper management – from large Campus or Hospital environment – either as a General Manager or Operations Manager, prefer previous Sodexo experience.
- Strong financial acumen – budget writing and forecasting.
- Knowledge and passion for sustainable dining and food practices. Food Forward and Food Focused!
- Acumen as a team player and leader of a diverse work force.
- Vision for growing dining program and implementing a strategic plan to merge client’s vision into reality.
- Seeking bilingual candidates – the ability to speak Spanish would be helpful managing this workforce.
The General Manager will become a part of the campus community - we are looking for your excellent relationship skills to really engage the students and faculty. To be involved with what is taking place on campus is essential & key to be successful in this GM role.
Do you have experience managing a High Profile Showcase Account? Do you excel with client relationships and employee engagement? Then this may be the role you have been looking for - APPLY TODAY and join the Sodexo team at Pepperdine!
Relocation assistance is offered for this opportunity!
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Directs all contract services.
- Oversees management/administrative team who are responsible for special functions, cash control and payroll.
- Customer and client satisfaction
- Drives growth
- Financial management