About the Company
The Tampa Bay Times, which is Floridas largest daily newspaper, has been part of the Tampa Bay community for more than 130 years. Locally owned and independent, the Times has long been celebrated for its outstanding and credible journalism, practiced with integrity in the public interest and has been ranked among the Top 10 newspapers in the country. It has chronicled the Tampa Bay region's growth with outstanding journalism, winning 12 Pulitzers and numerous other awards along the way.
The Field Manager is responsible for supporting the Zone manager with organizing, planning and implementing strategy for the Home Delivery department.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Manages the prospecting, selection, and contracting of independent contractors dedicated to providing service and circulation growth results within the contractual relationship.
* Responsible for the overall management of the contractual relationship with the Independent contractors who deliver the Times products.
* Exhibits excellent understanding of and ensures compliance with the terms and conditions of the Times independent contractor contract and relationship including daily interaction with vendors, staffers and customers.
* Executes all administrative documentation, tracking, reporting and financial procedures pertaining to independent contractor fees and charges.
* Active collaboration on the development and management of a Zone expense budget.
* Manages the development and maintenance of accurate subscriber information and distribution lists.
* Actively contributes to the overall success of Zone operations by providing leadership in a team-centric environment.
* Provides input on hiring, training, coaching, performance management and provides supervision to Field Assistants and Delivery Center Assistants in the implementation of their daily responsibilities.
* Positive interaction with subscribers in resolving service request or incidents in order to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
* Managers in this position exhibit solid interpersonal and problem solving skills in a professional relationship with all staff members,independent contractors and customers.
* May be assigned to multiple distribution centers for gap coverage of day-to-day business as the need dictates.
* Must be able to safely perform all physical requirements including: walking, standing, sitting, reaching, twisting,stooping and kneeling.
* Repeatedly lifting newspaper bundles weighing up to 40lbs.
* Pushing and pulling 4-wheel newspaper carts weighing in excess of 200lbs.
* This is a 3rd shift position.
* Typically between Midnight and 8 am
* This position may be assigned tasks that will involve driving a vehicle for business purposes
Education and/or Experience
* High school diploma or equivalent required and college or management experience preferred.
* Must have a valid Driver's license, maintain an acceptable MVR, and provide their own transportation and appropriate vehicle insurance for business related driving tasks.
* Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with staffers, independent contractors and customers.
* Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to comprehend and act on various forms of communication such as verbal, written, electronic, etc.
* Demonstrate thorough knowledge and understanding of the Times contract with independent contractors for the purpose of communication, negotiations, compliance and contract management.
* Ability to negotiate contracts and related fees with prospective independent contractors in order to keep open delivery areas at acceptable levels.
* Demonstrate advanced leadership skills with staffers and independent contractors.
* Possess strong PC skills utilizing MS Office, email, electronic forms, scanning and archive retrieval..
* Requires hands-on problem solving with staff and operational issues on a daily basis.
Benefits for Full-Time Eligible Employees
* Health coverage for you and your family through medical, dental and vision plans beginning your first day of employment with the company.
* 100% employer paid short-term and long-term disability.
* 100% employer paid basic life insurance.
* Supplemental life insurance.
* Tax advantages through flexible spending accounts that allow you to pay for specific health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
* Tax-Deferred Savings Plan for retirement.
* Weekly payroll.
* A generous vacation and personal leave time program and much more...
* This position in the Operations Division is subject to pre-employment drug screening as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply through the Tampa Bay Times careers portal at http://tampabaytimes.