Reel Operator/Press Operator
This is a Part Time position (that may lead into a FT Press Operator position) where you work as part of a team in a fast-paced production environment. Primary duties include all aspects of reel room operation.
* High school education or equivalent, Knowledge and adherence to Pressroom safety and Standard Operating Procedures,
* Knows procedures for requesting, stripping, loading newsprint into reels,
* Must be able to operate reel controls, knowledge of webbing, set up, changeovers,
* Must be able to maintain inventory, use judgement to maintain press run ability, assist with maintaining run ability data,
* Must also report safety or equipment problems to Press Superintendent to initiate work orders/repairs
* Must be able to lift approximately 40 lbs using proper lifting techniques. (roll butts/cores and waste paper), push large rolls of newsprint on dollies, and job duties require frequent reaching above shoulder level, bending, stooping, standing and walking
* Varied Shifts/Hours. Must be available weekends Day Shift hours are 6am-2pm, Night Shift 9pm-5am, Mid Shift: 2-10pm
This position in the Operations Division is subject to pre-employment drug screening as a condition of employment.
To apply, please visit
Select job # 11583872 Reel Operator PT