Are you an energetic and team-oriented leader focused on commitment to customers, dedication to excellence and innovation?
Do you have a proven ability to supervise processes as well as activities and tasks?
Do have a demonstrated ability and desire to succeed, grow, learn, and apply new skills?
Do you a have proven record to motivate, engage, coach, and communicate with team members?
Do you have a demonstrated ability to drive process improvement and lead change?
Penske Logistics is seeking a proven leader with relevant experience and skills to join our team of transportation and logistics professionals. We are seeking a candidate to supervise drivers at one of our locations.
The Operations Supervisor provides direction at a single location, leading staff to ensure customer requirements are achieved while meeting our Penske goals and objectives.
Provide operational leadership to individual contributors and hourly workforce to ensure the execution of daily tasks and activities including driver deliveries, loading/unloading of trailers, and customer service operations in a manner consistent with company services and cost objectives. Supervises most processes directly including workforce and equipment scheduling. Responsible for making corrective action and disciplinary decisions up to written warning level. Involved in the hiring process and customer meetings as necessary.
- Establish and sustain that all supervisors and associates are trained and competent and understand how their work relates to the customers' business objectives
- Establish and sustain that performance standards are communicated that are specific and measurable
- Interview hourly associates and provide recommendations for hire
- Monitor attendance, productivity, and other performance standards and provide coaching and counseling to associates
- Motivate and engage associates by focusing on team accomplishments and recognition
- Supervise logistics operations including customer service, freight loading and unloading, dispatch and proper documentation and procedure control
- Conduct team meetings
- Evaluate and recommend changes in preferred work methods to increase productivity of dispatch operations. Assist in new associate training
- Provide relief coverage for operational duties when associates utilize time-off or are absent from the shift
- Have a thorough working knowledge of the site's operating systems in order to ensure operational compliance and correct exception resolution
- Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion
- Ensure compliance with financial policies & procedures such as tracking MPG, returns, damages, etc.
- Understand the relationship between decision-making and profitability
- Closely manage associates' working hours and activities to minimize overtime and to meet or exceed productivity targets
- Ensure day-to-day management and associate activities are aligned with the location safety strategy
- Provide associates with communication, training, feedback, and direction to ensure safe performance
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and company policies and procedures
- Conduct safety observations
Growth / Customer Experience
- Understand the location-specific customer goals & objectives and work to meet and exceed these expectations daily
- Ensure the customer knows that we are committed to helping them meet their objectives
- Determine areas that could benefit from Continuous Improvement efforts
- Properly plan work assignments to ensure effective use of fleet equipment
- Work with hourly associates to ensure they understand safe and efficient operation of equipment
- Work with vendors to ensure equipment is maintained
- Work with Penske Truck Leasing to ensure schedule of preventative maintenance is complete
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor