Do you have a passion for food and strong leadership skills?
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 2 for our Corporate Services segment with Harris Corporation in Melbourne, Florida. The primary functions for the chef that fills this role will be to elevate the culinary program in the smaller satellite cafes and support the catering functions with their expertise. This position is for a large account in the Melbourne Florida area with catering sales exceeding 1.5 million dollars.
This corporate campus includes one larger headquarters and four satellite locations all within 20 miles. This Executive Chef will have direct oversight of 15 direct reports and report to the Area General Manager.
The culinary program in the cafés has a variety of stations, with a focus on action stations and wellness _offerings. The ideal candidate should be innovative and willing to work with a large team, working closely with each café’s staff. Excellent client and customer facing service skills, being able to multi-task, leading by example, and directing employees in a fast-paced environment are also required. Candidates should be detail-oriented and committed to the highest level of customer service._
Is this opportunity right for you? If your answer to the following questions is "yes" then please consider applying:
- Management and Influence: Can you demonstrate your ability to successfully lead and inspire kitchen employees and front of house staff throughout multiple locations? Can you influence others to successfully complete their given tasks with high quality outcomes and within budget and timeframe?
- Innovation: Can you show us great examples of your ability to add creativity to Sodexo’s café and dining menus?
- Training: Can you develop and train culinary teams in new concepts?
- Cost Controls: Can you successfully utilize Sodexo costing tools and computer software programs to manage and positively affect the food, labor and inventory costs for the campus including an understanding of product costs and maintaining GP targets? Do you have strong computer skills, ideally in Word and Excel?
- Flexibility: Can you demonstrate your ability to flex and adapt to different types of communication styles and interact successfully with Sodexo staff and client customers?
We are seeking Executive Chef candidates with the following in their culinary “toolkits”:
- A strong artistic culinary flair – can you impress the top executives in a corporate headquarters environment?
- Knowledge of current culinary trends – can you compete with big city food trends and top chefs?
- The ability to conduct continuous research – Can you consistently provide sustainable and creative menu options based on national and global food trends?
- Very high-end tastes and a sophisticated palette – can you translate that into your food?
- Ability to shine in the front of house as well as in the kitchen?
- A strong work ethic – Do you always strive for the best and never cut corners?
Why apply to this position?
- This position offers a predominantly Monday through Friday daytime schedule (with the need to flex as business requires)
- This position involves great variety daily, moving between several locations
- There is a great opportunity to make an impact and build a great team
- Sodexo provides unparalleled opportunities for career advancement; this position can facilitate promotions in the future
- You’ll have independence and autonomy
- You’ll report to an experienced and knowledgeable manager
- Relocation assistance is available
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.