This position is responsible for fulfilling all aspects in the installation and service of all large equipment in the practitioner's office with the focus on "excellence" in customer service.
- Provides responsible repair and installation services to our customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Provides and maintains the necessary tools of the trade and have readily available to perform installation and repair services.
- Maintains and manages proper levels of inventory in van.
- Attends all required training, which includes but is not limited to Henry Schein Dental Career Development training and specific manufacturer technical training.
- Complies with all OSHA regulations as outlined in the OSHA manual and training. Maintains and utilizes personal protective equipment when needed.
- Communicates in a timely manner to all Team Members and HUB dispatchers, keeping all informed of progress of assignments.
- Completes all work orders in a timely manner. The work order should be reviewed with the customer or a responsible staff member prior to departure.
- Submits all job related paperwork within the required time frames. This includes but is not limited to FDA Forms, expense reports, and any other required paperwork.
- Complies with all terms of the Fleet Management Policy including maintenance and accident management policies.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
- Excellent understanding of the job and highly proficient in a range of processes or procedures to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Apply acquired knowledge of procedures and external regulations.
Typically 3 or more years of related experience.
Typically High School education, vocational training and/or on-the-job training. Bachelor's degree preferred.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Very good attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer service oriented and the ability to work with complex issues
- Ability to plan and arrange activities
- Very good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidential and highly sensitive information
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to manage conflict
- Capacity to work effectively under pressure
- Establish productive working relationships at multiple levels within the organization
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, mechanical and electrical systems
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong customer interpersonal skills
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: www.henryschein.com/careers.
Job Field: Equipment Support