WellMed provides concierge - level medical care and service for seniors, delivered by physicians and clinic staff that understand and care about the patients health. WellMed's proactive approach focuses on prevention and the complete coordination of care for patients. WellMed is now part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
WellMed is now part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
In this role you will utilize your nursing skills and focus on preventative healthcare for seniors in a clinic setting. You will build meaningful relationships with seniors, their family members, healthcare providers, and office staff. You will enjoy profound job satisfaction as you impact the care and comfort of our aging population. We offer a regular schedule 8am to 5pm Monday - Friday and the benefits of working for a Fortune 6 company - career opportunities, great benefits, paid time off, and more! The successful candidate will demonstrate knowledge of chronic disease management, and have experience related to patient education and / or motivational interviewing skills and self-management goal setting in addition to effective communication skills.
Under the direction of physicians, the Clinic LPN provides clinical support functions and professional nursing care to patients using established standards of clinical nursing care and practices approved by WellMed Medical Group.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8am-5pm
- Assesses patient needs using established triage protocol
- Recommends follow - up as indicated by protocol
- Schedules same day appointments, as indicated
- Documents all encounters in electronic medical records system
- Evaluates follow - up on patient condition and/or reaction to drugs and treatments
- Educates patients, family members and care givers on treatment and care plans
- Maintains quality control standards (HIPAA / OSHA)
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Current Practical Nurse license in Florida
- Bilingual Spanish
- Current CPR certification
- Proficient computer skills to work efficiently with electronic medical records
- Effective use of proper grammar, spelling, medical terminology, ICD - 10 and CPT coding
- IV certification
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- One or more years of experience in a medical setting
- Ability to perform medical procedures, give injections and perform phlebotomy
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
If the hired individual resides in Florida (office based or telecommuting) this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 90,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: LPN, Clinic, Spanish, IV Certified, triage, geriatric, ICD - 10, CPR certification, Hialeah, Miami, Florida