This person will play a key role in Salesforce's Legal team working with groups across the company and directly interfacing with Salesforce's customers on privacy and data protection-related issues in the United States and Latin America. This position will report to Salesforce's global head of Privacy and will be based in Salesforce's offices in New York, Chicago or Burlington. This individual will partner closely with the Privacy & Product Legal team and other teams within Legal in addition to various departments across the Company, including Security, Technology & Products, Government Affairs, Compliance, Communications, Marketing and Employee Success.
- Be a resident expert and resource on US, Latin America and other global privacy and data protection laws.
- Partner with the Commercial Legal team in customer negotiations, including supporting the drafting and negotiation of privacy related agreements.
- Work with customers, prospective customers and partners on privacy-related questions about using Salesforce's services.
- Partner with members of the legal team, security team, technology team, other stakeholders and outside counsel to help ensure the company's compliance with laws, regulations, and privacy commitments in customer contracts.
- Counsel on privacy and security issues related to Salesforce's use of vendors, marketing and sales activities, and employee matters.
- Conduct privacy assessments of business initiatives, manage privacy compliance documentation and support compliance certifications.
- Assist in developing and maintaining privacy policies and procedures, as well as strategic internal and external communications.
- Assist in developing training materials and providing training to employees on privacy-related obligations.
- Work with our government affairs team to help influencing Latin America privacy and data protection laws. Prepare content for our websites and other promotional privacy initiatives.
- Undergraduate degree and JD from highly regarded schools.
- At least six years combined experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department.
- At least three years experience on privacy and data protection issues, including familiarity with privacy laws in the U.S. and Europe and interest in Latin American privacy issues.
- Fluent written and verbal English and Spanish language skills required.
- Flexibility and understanding of the culture of a fast-paced, commercially oriented technology company.
- Excellent written/verbal communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding work environment.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with internal clients.
- Experience working with and influencing senior leaders.
- Familiarity with technical concepts in Web applications/cloud computing.
- Collaborative team player combined with ability to work independently.
- Sound and practical business judgment.
- Sense of humor.
- Willingness to travel.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional.
- Knowledge of Portuguese is a plus.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.