The LLP Manager is responsible for overseeing operations at border locations and local deliveries to customer plants/warehouses. Manager is responsible to provide tactical direction and leadership to ensure customer requirements are met
Provide operational leadership to execution of daily tasks and activities including driver deliveries, loading/unloading of trailers, cross docking and customer service operations in a manner that is consistent with company services and cost objectives. Customer operation consists of but not limited to inbound shipment of parts and outbound shipments of final product and all the various entities utilized to perform such work (Suppliers, 3PL's, Carriers, etc.)
The LLP Manager is responsible for overseeing operations at border locations and local deliveries to customer plants/warehouses. Manager is responsible to provide tactical direction and leadership to ensure customer requirements are met. Managing these efforts will require cross-functional involvement within Penske Logistics, customers, carriers, suppliers and sometimes Penske Truck Leasing. Review truck runs based on location of accounts, volume, costs, customer requirements and private fleet utilization. Review daily orders for additional private fleet opportunities based on above requirements.
- No HR responsibilities.
- Supervise logistics operations including customer service, freight loading and unloading, proper documentation and procedure control.
- Evaluate and recommend changes in preferred work methods to increase productivity of dispatch/warehouse operations.
- Monitors carrier performance to optimize value delivered to the customer. Quickly resolve any operations issues to eliminate production loss or transportation service failures & communicate with customer.
- Have a thorough working knowledge of the site's operating systems in order to ensure operational compliance and correct exception resolution.
- Understand freight flows and a diverse carrier base to solve complex customer supply chain challenges
- Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion. Review operating metrics and fix out-of-tolerance results.
- Understand how customer, supplier and vendor fleets work together and affect overall supply chain performance.
- Create and foster a relationship with the customer's logistics manager to facilitate operational stability.
Growth / Customer Experience:
- Understand the location-specific customer goals and objectives.
- Ensure the customer knows that we are committed to helping them meet their objectives.
- Determine areas that could benefit from Continuous Improvement efforts.
- Manage the clients' expectations regarding our team's satisfactory performance & service execution.
- Work closely with customer's leadership and project team during scope development and option analysis phase.
- Proactively look for opportunities to grow existing operation & stay current on the customer's industry.
- Communicating all progress on a set cadence with customer and up through Penske covering KPI's and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures such as inventory accuracy and control, returns, damages, etc.
- Understand the relationship between decision-making and profitability.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and company policies and procedures.