Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
As a Senior Pharmacy Technician, you will perform live telephonic outreach to UHC Medicare members and their physicians / pharmacies to improve health quality outcomes (i.e. medication adherence, appropriate drug utilization). This is your opportunity to join a pharmacy team with a focus on clinical and business collaboration. You will find an incredible team culture that provides opportunities to learn and evolve every day.
Positions in this function consult with customers, members, patients, providers, internal departments and / or external third parties on any or all of the following: - Consult with and coordinate initial set up and on - going treatment plan for specialty drug patients, including DURs, co - pay assistance, ancillary products, scheduling Pharmacist consults and / or RN visits, and liaison with provider offices on labs, refill orders and prior authorizations.
- Perform telephonic customer outreach to improve health quality outcomes in collaboration with clinical pharmacists
- Provide additional telephonic engagement with providers and pharmacies
- Assess and interpret customer needs and requirements, triaging to a clinical pharmacist or other areas when appropriate
- Review and advise on medications and treatment plans (based on review of medical case notes, medication list and lab results) to improve outcomes and avoid potential drug interactions.
- Patient discussion regarding life issues affecting medication adherence and provide advice on improving drug regimen compliance.
- Advise patients on alternate Rx fill strategies of retail versus mail order and options for financial assistance.
- May outreach to providers on suspected medication abuse situations.
- Review medication regimen for disease state for LTC facilities / hospice care / RN case managers / Medical Directors / clients and provide summaries and guidance on future medication plans.
- Advice may include alternate drug therapies, stopping a medication and / or lower cost alternative.
- Review medical case notes to determine on - going medication treatment plan and project future medication costs.
- Extensive work experience, possibly in multiple functions.
- Work does not usually require established procedures.
- Work independently.
- Mentor others.
- Act as a resource for others.
- Coordinate others' activities.
- Require current pharmacy technician state license or national certification without restrictions based on regulatory requirements of worksite.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher)
- It is required that the applicant has an ACTIVE Pharmacy Technician License through the Illinois Board of Pharmacy (in good standing)
- Minimum 3 years of experience working as a pharmacy technician
- Solid understanding of pharmacy claims processing systems including ability to help pharmacies resolve rejected claims
- Ability to navigate Microsoft Word (copy, paste, save documents) and Microsoft Excel (copy, paste, use spreadsheet templates)
- Retail and/or mail order pharmacy experience
- Experience with Part D claims adjudication
- It would be nice if candidate was fluently bilingual in English + any other language, but not required-- Examples: Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin etc…
- Excellent communication and Customer Service skills
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Care, UHG, Downers Grove, IL, Pharmacy Technician, Medicare Part D, Adherence, Customer Service, Call Center