Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Positions in this function are responsible for checking in, scheduling appointments, answering billing questions and managing patient medical records for a clinic. Roles may vary based on the size of the clinic(s).
- Answer incoming phone calls from patients and sales reps.
- Resolve issues with the referral process.
- Enter orders into multiple computer systems for tracking.
- Interact with multiple cross functional teams on a consistent basis.
- Moderate work experience within own function.
- Some work is completed without established procedures.
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others.
- Supervision / guidance is required for higher level tasks.
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- Bilingual - English / Spanish
- Customer Service experience in a medical setting
- Knowledge of HIPPA regulations
- Experience with Windows PC and the ability to learn many other programs or applications
- Microsoft Excel experience with the ability to set up spreadsheets, sort and filter data
- Ability to work Monday - Friday during hours of operation with an expectation of taking on - call duties on a rotation basis that will include evenings and weekends. OT will also be a must.
- Previous experience with home infusion/insurance verification
- Previous experience with benefits or medical insurance
- Previous experience with CPR
Careers with AxelaCare.
Discover a health services career that encourages your professional growth while delivering steadfast commitment to exceptional patient care. That's what you discover at AxelaCare. We were founded by a close group of medical professionals in Lenexa, KS to provide patient - focused, state of the art home infusion services for acute, hemophilia and Intravenous Immune Globulin (IVIG) therapies. Today we collaborate with leading doctors to develop breakthrough technologies for patient outcomes assessment; and we recently joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies. It all reinforces our commitment to empowering people in the pursuit and delivery of exceptional patient care, and creating personalized career paths to discovering your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Patient Care Coordinator, Medical Background, Benefits knowledge, Customer Service, Microsoft Excel