Facility: ISAP KARNES TX S SITE
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position will work at a DHS staging ("S") site to provide GPS unit enrollment and orientation to immigrants detained after crossing the United States Border and referred for supervision by DHS staff. Processing and coordination will be performed at a DHS Detention Facility or at the port of entry.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Conducts intake interview and orientation session with each individual referred to the program within contractual timeframes and requirements.
- Installs electronic monitoring equipment on participants. Inputs data and zones into data system. Establishes schedules for participants that include, but are not limited to, travel to home DHS office.
- Develops and maintains accurate and complete case records for all participants. Transfers case records to the appropriate DHS office. Proactively manages cases using all appropriate tools and techniques. Maintains confidentiality of all records.
- Monitors compliance with electronic monitoring program until transfer of participant to the appropriate office. Reports on program violations in a timely manner using established reporting parameters.
- Learns and uses evidence-based principles to establish rapport and build a professional alliance with each program participant in order to encourage compliance with program requirements.
- Supervises participants while in DHS or ISAP (ISAP Staging Site Area) office.
- Identifies and coordinates services as required, including translation services and emergency counseling.
- May oversee the day-to-day activities of the Intensive Case Supervision Specialists if acting as a team lead. Maintains log of Intensive Case Supervision Specialists activities.
- Administers Security Plan for a specific office, including daily operations, security contingencies, emergencies and mitigation plans, security of Company and DHS employees, clients and the general public. Performs daily security check of the office area. Ensures that all participant records are kept in locked files to maintain confidentiality. Prepares written reports for DHS as necessary.
- Conducts monthly audits of a specific office to ensure all program operations comply with the Quality Control Plan and contractual obligations.
- Serves as a point of contact for DHS.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring To The Position:
- Bachelor's Degree in Sociology, Psychology, Social Work, Criminal Justice or related field required.
- At least two years of experience working with multi-cultural clients in an immigration-related program.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with employees, community contacts, government officials and clients. Ability to interpret and articulate rules, orders, instructions and materials. Ability to compose reports.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and even temperament. Ability to maintain self-control in stressful situations, such as interpersonal confrontations or emergencies.
- Ability to learn and apply evidence-based principles to case management in order to foster professional alliances with program participants and encourage compliance with program requirements.
- Participation in and successful completion of on-going training to develop solid practical knowledge of evidence-based principles.
- Ability to deal tactfully with the public.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem solving ability.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of others.
- Ability to deal with multicultural contacts with sensitivity.
- Basic knowledge of immigration laws, regulations and procedures.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to interpret electronic monitoring messages and daily summary reports.
- Ability to develop and maintain case records by performing data entry.
- US citizenship required.
- Ability to pass a federal background check and obtain a suitability determination.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
As an Intake Specialist, you will be part of a stable, established, and yet still growing organization with a great deal of diversification, which will present you with a range of different challenges. We value your hard work and professional dedication and will reward you with a competitive compensation package that includes full benefits.
Your benefits will include:
- Three weeks Paid Time Off
- 11 paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Term life insurance (includes spouse and dependent)
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement program
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Legal program - Legal Club of America
- Direct deposit
- Theme park and attraction discounts
Your world of opportunities begins here! Apply today!