This position is responsible for Inventory Management data requirements, including creation, analyzing, reporting, processing and management. Focus on current and future technologies, as well as supporting both internal and external customer databases. Lead ad hoc reporting, development of databases and reports, and research to ensure timely availability of all informational needs to support the department, pointing out opportunities to help improve profitability.
- Develop reports from raw data from multiple sources and compile into meaningful working documents, using Access, Excel and Data Warehouse.
- Develop internal tracking report formats to allow key metric tracking and reporting to management.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as required and assigned.
- Work directly with Inventory Management and other internal and external departments, as well as outside business partners.
- Work closely with all internal team members to ensure all information updates are accurate.
- Train internal team members on database applications and software issues where applicable.
- Interpret, summarize and provide recommendations to all levels of management based on data analysis
- Review Current processes and systems to identify opportunities to automate or better streamline
Intermediate level professional role. Some evaluation, originality or ingenuity required to perform tasks. Know and apply the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular field. Apply company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
Work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practice to determine appropriate action. Build productive internal/external working relationships.
Typically 2 to 4 years of related professional experience
Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline. Typically hold 1 or more industry certifications
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Professional skills with an understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
- Forecasting Analysis
- Developing proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures.
- Good planning/ organizational skills and techniques.
- Developing problem solving skills.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Good decision making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Access, Excel and Visual Basic.
- Working knowledge of ODBC and IBM file transfer (AS400 to PC) applications.
- Working knowledge of AS400 files structure and layout.
- Working Knowledge of MicroStrategy Data Warehouse.
- WebFOCUS knowledge preferred
- E3 knowledge preferred
- Lean Six Sigma a plus
TRAVEL/ PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Travel typically less than 10%.
- Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status
Job Field: Administrative