Job TitleSales Representative
Requisition Primary LocationMiami, Florida
Waste Connections is currently searching for an Retention Outside Sales at our Miami Hauling, Miami, FL site. Our ideal candidate will be a professional in the Miami market with a college degree, a few years of business to business experience, and a strong competitive drive to be the best.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual's unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
Why You Need to Join Us!
INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
Do not stop by or call our local office.
Please apply online at www.wasteconnections.com.
If you have any problems filling out the application call Pete Carreon at (see application details).
Summary of Functions:
The Outside Sales Representative locates opportunities in an assigned geographic area (territory), with a focus on increasing the density of clients in specific locations (i.e. adjacent to existing clients to enhance margins). The rep identifies prospects and makes cold calls to initiate sales meetings. The rep matches prospect's needs to PWS services and aims to secure long-term partnerships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop lists of prospective accounts and key contacts, typically for front-end load.
- Cold call companies in proximity of clients to build business. Operations may identify specific areas or routes to focus efforts.
- Demonstrate excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Enter intelligence gathered into Salesforce system to understand client, contacts, estimate needs and when current contract with a hauler expires.
- Look for opportunities for ongoing roll-offs (manufacturers, recycling, construction).
- Present PWS services, advantages and pricing (in context of their business type, expected weights and competitive pricing).
- Handle objections effectively and seek to close a sale or establish next steps.
- Formulate as favorable contract terms for PWS as possible and draw up agreement from template contract.
- Present terms clearly and satisfy client's needs, e.g. expected weights, rate increases, duration, property damage, pick-up schedule.
- Meets or exceeds sales activity goals for new sales.
- Obtain client's signature on contract and pass to Sales Manager for approval and processing.
- Periodic overnight travel is required.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or equivalent experience.
- 5 years' experience working in outside sales with proven record of success preference for 2 years contract sales experience (I.E. copiers, uniforms, etc.)
- Good Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Works well with employees, the general public and city officials.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (word, excel, etc.)
- Knowledge of Salesforce or comparable CRM tool is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of industry and competitors' practices (gained through experience) to find opportunities, estimate weights and pricing, and handle objections.
- Good numeracy skills to estimate pricing and calculate margins.
- Proficiency in Spanish & English a must.
- This position requires frequent driving must be able to pass an MVR check
This is a field position. Placement into or advancement to this position is dependent upon individual performance, local market conditions, and/or district's requirements. This position is eligible to participate in sales commission and recognition programs upon successful completion of orientation and /or training programs.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Infrequent light physical effort required.
- Most work is performed in a field environment. (e.g. making sales calls or onsite visits at customers).
- May require walking periodically throughout the work day.
- Frequent driving is required.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans)