Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
The Community Outreach Representative will be responsible for building relationships with UnitedHealth Group and the communities we serve and interacting with the Providers, Community leaders, Advocacy groups, and attending Health Fairs to establish relationships and educate the communities we serve on the products and programs available to Members throughout the state.
The presentations are conducted by the Outreach Representative at events such as Health fairs, Community dinners, and charitable functions, etc.
The Community Outreach Representative will also visit Provider offices to ensure materials are on - hand for distribution to Members, or potential Members that will benefit from UnitedHealth Group programs.
**This position will require 75% Travel throughout the State of Virginia**
- Create opportunities through United Healthcare Community Plan
- Execute Marketing plan UHG events
- Develop exceptional relationships with community - based partners, advocacies, Providers, and Agency partners
- Responsible for local brand awareness through community involvement by participating in targeted key events (such as Health fairs, Community Family Fun Days, educational Wellness seminars, Fitness events, and Fun walks, etc.) through existing relationships and the creation of new ones
- Responsible for data input and tracking of information into department - specific programs (FAST, Sales Force, etc.)
- Educate and assist current and potential Members regarding the UHCCP program ( i.e. presentations, one - on - one conversations)
- Work with Internal cross - functional teams (Clinical, Network, Care Management) to help facilitate issue resolution, as appropriate
- Ensure compliance and quality Outreach efforts, adhering to all applicable State and Federal Regulatory requirements and procedures
- Prepare Event Development strategies to attract and retain Membership market share in targeted markets
- Analyze and collect Marketing, Health, and Community - related data in order to develop Market strategies and provide recommendations to Health Plan leadership
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding UHCCP targeted growth, retention, and enrollment expectations within assigned region
- Represent UHG at community meetings and coalitions; Attend conferences, as required
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of Outreach and / or Health Care Insurance industry experience
- Experience using Microsoft Office products including Microsoft Word (create correspondence and work within templates), Microsoft Excel (data entry, sort, filter, and work within tables), and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management)
- Ability to travel approximately 75%
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client sites within the Assigned Territories
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, per business needs
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV / AIDS and high - risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes - based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
- Medicare and / or Medicaid enrollment experience
- Experience with Community Outreach Event Planning
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) communication skills (written and spoken) is a plus
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Community & State, Virginia, Local Travel, Telecommute, Marketing, Community Outreach, Medicare, Medicaid, Accident & Health