Sodexo is seeking an experienced Construction Project Manager at Hobart & William Smith Colleges. The facilities department has approximately 100 Sodexo employees, including both hourly and management, union and non-union, 110 buildings with approximately 1.65 million sq. ft and 200 maintained acres. This is one of Sodexo's flagship accounts with several tenured employees.
Ideal candidate must have construction project management experience, ideally in a higher education environment. Strong construction and architectural related experience, education, and credentials are desired with 5+ years in senior leadership responsibility.
Hobart & William Smith Colleges sits on the shores of Seneca Lake and is located in Geneva, New York. It's a beautiful area located in a nice college town.
**Relocation Assistance available**
Reporting to the Associate Director for Planning and Construction, you will be professionally responsible to successfully manage construction projects and planning efforts in a higher education environment. Further responsibilities include the overall support of the operations team, and the success of the department of Buildings and Grounds.
Do you have:
- Solid skills and experience as a successful Construction Project Management leader _in a College or University setting_;
- Ability to independently manage multi-million dollar construction projects from conception to closeout and turnover.
- Strong presention skills.
- Experience writing detailed RFP's for design and construction services
- Extraordinary customer service, relationship building and communication skills at all levels of the organization;
- The ability to successfully support the operations team while advancing the strategic initiatives of the College;
- Strong budgeting, estimating, scheduling, negotiating, risk analysis and overall construction related skills.
- Strong Leadership skills with a focus on team building_;
Sodexo offers a competitive salary, paid training, extensive education and learning opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package designed with work-life balance in mind.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 125,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 9,000 client sites and more than 15 million customers a day in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, improve their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
Plans, directs and coordinates activities of designated capital projects. Reviews project proposal, establishes work plan and manages contractors to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Construction Management including scheduling and financial management
- Quality Control and Safety
- Project Engineering including following specifications, design adaptation by ensure design and specifications meet codes and specification
- Sub-contractor management
- Administrative tasks such as scheduling meetings, minutes, maintaining documentation and customer liaison