Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 3 to join our dynamic food services team at Wayne Memorial Hospital - UNC Healthcare located in Goldsboro, NC.
Wayne Memorial Hospital is a 300-bed acute care hospital located one hour from Raleigh and only one and a half hours from the stunning beaches on the NC Coast! The Executive Chef should be well-organized, detail-oriented and have proven experience in the following areas: high volume kitchen operations, inventory and ordering standards, knowledge of food production systems and the ability to supervise and work 15-25 front-line employees.
The Executive Chef will report to the Operations Manager and selected candidate will:
- Direct, train and mentor cooks and utility workers
- Oversee food production for patient and retail meals
- Maintain compliant HACCP and recipe compliance programs
- Oversee Special functions and Catering
- Manage food inventory, ordering and labor management
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, communication and customer service skills. Be able to work well with the Sodexo management team, as well as independently and be outcome focused.
- Collaborate with the patient services manager to establish quality improvement protocols
- Participate in food service quality assurance checks, such as meal rounds, test trays and food service training
- Have excellent time management skills, be organized and be a self-starter
- Will be responsible for helping with weekend coverage on a rotating basis as well as rotating holiday coverage
Is this opportunity right for you?
Are you an experienced chef ready to take your career to the next level? At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is preferred.
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- previous experience working in a high-volume facility; and
- strong management skills.
Careers in Healthcare:
Working for Sodexo in Healthcare allows you to offer patients, healthcare professionals and caregivers around the world the best healthcare experience possible while influencing patient satisfaction, as well as cost reduction and increased productivity for our clients. Sodexo’s unique CARES culture develops a dynamic atmosphere where employees are respected, turnover is low and career growth opportunities are created from within.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.