Want to drive operational excellence in Miami, FL?
Sodexo Healthcare has an exciting opportunity for an experienced General Manager 2-Environmental Services in Miami, FL.
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Environmental Services General Manager to lead our EVS team at Hialeah Hospital. This position functions as the lead manager for the Environmental Services team, which is part of the Tenet Health system. Hialeah Hospital is a 371-bed acute care medical-surgical facility in Hialeah, FL that houses a Women's health area, Level II NICU, and robotic surgery capabilities onsite. The ability to be bilingual in Spanish would assist in managing this workforce.
The successful candidate will oversee a team of 55 and must have a hands-on management approach, strong floor care experience, have a high emphasis on driving employee engagement, and 3+ years of Sodexo ES Management with a progressive track record. This position will motivate staff and maintain cleaning quality to a very high level. Driving client engagement and patient/employee satisfaction is essential for the success of this role, along with subject matter expertise with TRAKKAR, and Sodexo’s ES UOS is preferred. This hospital director-level position includes oversite of Sodexo managers and a frontline housekeeping team delivering high-quality services at a very dynamic acute healthcare hospital with a focus on patient satisfaction and client relations.
This position supports the hospital mission by providing leadership for our employees in the delivery of safe, clean environment for our Patients, Customers, and hospital Employees in a variety of settings. The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Exhibit drive and dependability; embrace and support a system approach to Environmental Services.
- Have solid understanding of Sodexo ES UOS and demonstrated ability to be part of a management team to align operations accordingly
- Have a proven track record of improving Patient, Employee and Customer Satisfaction
- Possess a focus on contract and process compliance
- Deliver superior results by directing and motivating a team of employees to complete assigned responsibilities while delivering exceptional customer service
- Have extensive knowledge/aptitude and demonstrated experience with TRAKKAR (or similar QC/ labor/process management system)
- Exhibit Sodexo’s CARES behaviors (Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Enthusiasm and Service)
Preferred candidates will have management experience in Environmental Services, Linen Management, Housekeeping and/or Custodial Services, and exhibit excellent customer service skills along with strong computer skills desired. Prior experience with Sodexo programs including Web UFS, CARES, ENGAGE and Gold Checks is desired. The ability to support and build relationships with clients, employees and the local community is a must.
Careers in Healthcare:
Working for Sodexo in Healthcare allows you to offer patients, healthcare professionals and caregivers around the world the best healthcare experience possible while influencing patient satisfaction, as well as cost reduction and increased productivity for our clients. Sodexo’s unique CARES culture develops a dynamic atmosphere where employees are respected, turnover is low and career growth opportunities are created from within.
Sodexo offers you a competitive salary, paid training, extensive education and continuous learning opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package designed with work-life balance in mind that includes 3 weeks of vacation during the first year of employment.
Provides local account leadership and strategic direction to the on-site Environmental Service exempt and non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service programs. Directs business practices in order to uphold Company mission and values and commitments made in the Sodexo/Client contractual agreement.
- Establishes safe work environment for clients/ customers/staff.
- Executes strategic plan in alignment with the scope of service, Sodexo mission & values within our contractual agreement
- Fully implement and adhere to the Sodexo Clients for Life process
- Provides team leadership and direction by ensuring cohesiveness among the activities of subordinates to achieve planned outcomes.
- Ensures compliance with consistency of application of all Sodexo Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement and Regulatory standards within the contractually agreed upon scope of services.
- Ensures full administration of and adherence to all regulatory, Sodexo, Client, and Regulatory Human Resource standards and requirements
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring compliance to operating standards.
- Develops, administers, and monitors Sodexo and/or Client budget performance. Develops action plans to ensure performance is in accordance with strategic initiatives and client commitments.
- Develops and utilizes performance metrics to assist with problem analysis, and development of action plans and solutions
- Facilitates ongoing effective communications with direct reports, frontline staff, Clients, Customers, and Sodexo Leadership
- Oversees major repairs and renovation projects by identifying and managing vendors/contractors, including bid process, contract compliance and vendor/contractor performance