This position is responsible for performing assurance and advisory internal audit activities for the Company's Americas/Asia Pacific locations including Brazil, Australia, New Zealand, China, and Thailand. This position includes responsibility for performing audits of Henry Schein's Americas and Asia Pacific financial, operations and controls compliance activities and special projects as well as providing input in the development of the Group's annual audit plan. This position involves teaming and interaction with information systems, operations, finance and business unit team members at the local business unit and corporate level. Strong organization and verbal/written communication skills are a prerequisite for effectively fulfilling the responsibilities of this position. This is a progressive position with opportunities for growth both within the Americas / Asia Pacific Internal Audit group, as well as with other infrastructure, business development, business unit or finance functions.
- Execute financial audit projects pursuant to the annual internal audit plan, including documenting audit results and summarizing audit findings to presenting to Sr. Auditor/Supervisor for review and reporting purposes. Staff Auditors are responsible for all lower risk accounts including Cash, Accounts Receivable, Prepaid, Fixed Assets, Payables etc.
- Perform SOX compliance audits and implementation activities, including evaluating compliance issues, remediation plans and independent verification thereof.
- Execute quarterly sales cutoff procedures for proper accounting treatment, including ensuring that equipment revenue is recorded in the correct period and properly supported by underlying documentation.
- Execute compliance audit projects pursuant to the annual Internal Audit plan, including 401k and Proxy filings.
- Participate in special projects as required, including but not limited to customer/vendor account reviews, proper accounting treatment review, investigation procedures etc. Staff Auditors are responsible for all lower risk special projects involving customer/vendor account reviews, data analysis etc.
- Assists audit supervisor in supporting Controls Compliance group and business unit financial management in the implementation of a SOX program at newly acquired entities
- Oversee intern activities, including monthly T&E report formatting in excel for executive management reporting.
- Other administrative activities.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
Typically 2 to 4 years of related professional experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Basic understanding of industry practices
- General proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures
- Basic planning/organizational skills and techniques
- Good decision making, analysis and problem-solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic presentation and public speaking skills
- Basic interpersonal skills
- Developing professional credibility
- SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- U.S. GAAP, GAAS and IIA Standards as well as COSO Framework and Sarbanes-Oxley / SEC compliance requirements and guidance for Internal Control over Financial Reporting.
- CPA, CIA, MBA or equivalent desirable
- Experience/knowledge in distribution business desirable
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: (please click on the apply button below)
Job Field: Accounting/Finance