Family Health Centers at NYU Langone, a designated Level 3 Medical Home, is the largest federally qualified health center network in New York State, and the second largest in the nation. It includes nine primary care sites, 33 school-based health centers and dental clinics, four day care centers, the nation's largest dental residency program, and New York State's largest behavioral health program. The network also includes 12 community medicine sites providing care to disenfranchised New Yorkers, comprehensive HIV services, chemical dependency programs, and a family support center that offers educational, vocational, and other social support programs. Learn more about Family Health Centers at NYU Langone .
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Supervisor, Social Work.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for overseeing processes and activities associated with coordinating care for high risk patient populations across the continuum of care. The Supervisor participates in planning, developing and implementing programs and interventions designed to reduce preventable utilization and associated medical expense while focusing on improving the overall health and well-being of individuals receiving Care Coordination services. This position is accountable for the day-to-day direct management and oversight of staff performing Care Coordination activities.
- Develops, implements, and monitors care coordination services and interventions to ensure work takes into account the patients stage of change and the use of motivational interviewing techniques with high risk patient populations
- Hires, trains, supervises, and monitors the work of Care Coordination staff to ensure that team understands and accesses the full range of medical, behavioral health, chemical dependency, community and social services available to meet the patients needs.
- Responsible for monitoring productivity as well as tracking of billable services when applicable.
- Review documentation to ensure that patient screenings, assessments, care plans, and progress notes maintained by the staff meet departmental and regulatory standards and are completed within required time-frames.
- Prepares staffing plans and schedules as well as performance appraisals and approves hiring, and termination/discipline decisions in accordance with organizational policies.
- Coaches, supports, and acts as a resource to staff.
- Demonstrates the ability to find information necessary to make solid clinical and business decisions, and communicates to care coordination teams.
- Determines data necessary to drive operational processes and analyzes and interprets data to drive performance improvement efforts to optimize productivity and outcomes.
- Refines and improves processes/workflows/ policies and procedures to meet the evolving needs of patient populations, the healthcare team, and the healthcare system using employee and patient satisfaction as well as financial, operational and outcomes data.
- Promptly investigates issues/complaints and resolves, when possible. Ensures solutions are consistent with contractual agreements, department objectives, policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Develops methods for evaluating staff performance and measuring and monitoring departmental objectives and reports results.
- Participates in performance improvement initiatives, special projects and performs other duties, as required.
- Participates in staff training activities, including the provision of field supervision to social work students.
- Fosters an exceptional teamwork environment with interdisciplinary colleagues; coaches staff in building strong team dynamics.
- Demonstrates the values and service standards of the organization.
- Master's Degree in Social Work required.
- New York State LCSW or LMSW required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required.
- At least 3 years experience with patient population management and 2 years supervision experience in health care or health care related field.
- Understanding of health insurance including Medicare, Medicaid, and managed care requirements and value based payment models.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and team building skills.
- Self-directed, creative, good understanding of inpatient and ambulatory health care systems. Negotiation and conflict management skills; creative problem solving and leadership; change management, productivity, organizational and time management skills; able to apply critical thinking and clinical expertise toward achievement of specific outcomes through others; previously demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and to foster strong collaboration with management, co-workers, peers, subordinates, physicians, nursing, and ancillary departmental support staff.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Formal leadership experience in a position of comparable scope, in clinical care management/coordination at a health plan, home care agency or hospital.
- Experience in project management and evaluation, quality and performance improvement methodologies, and staff and patient education.
- Health plan care management/coordination experience desirable.
- Membership in care management/ coordination and/or related specialty professional organization desirable.
- Certification in Case Management
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone's network provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view Family Health Centers at NYU Langone's EEO policies, please click here . Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here .
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone
Med Dir Office- FHC (P65945)