Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
Your Internship search stops here! As a Delta Lab Technician Intern, you will work in a cross-functional Product Development -- Delta Labs team to prepare and test emulsion polymers in paints. In addition, you will participate in projects that may include but are not limited to:
- Work with a Polymer Chemist, you will be trained to characterize the polymers synthesized.
- Support a Paint Chemist to learn what properties you prepared and what polymers bring to paint formulations.
- Test paint performances.
- Record processing data.
- Record, Analyze and interpret data accurately.
- Clearly communicating results/recommendations via written reports and/or presentations to supervisor.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and a clean work environment.
- Follow and understand all safety and security regulations.
- Manage work in accordance with set timeline goals.
- Applicants should have minimum three years colleague education in Chemistry, Material Science or Chemical Engineering.
- Applicants in graduate programs are a strong plus.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint and especially Excel).
- Strong math skills i.e. unit conversion/percentages.
- Familiarity with PPE and use of proper laboratory safety equipment.