Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
It's that time, isn't it? You're ready for the next step forward and an opportunity to build on your skills. And it just so happens that there's never been a better time to become a part of the team at UnitedHealthcare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our members by interfacing and solving issues with their health care providers. As part of our group, the quality of support you deliver will directly translate into better care for their patients This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while building your career.
- Ensures quality customer service for internal and external customers
- Responds to incoming customer service requests, both verbal and written
- Identifies and assesses customers' needs quickly and accurately
- Solves problems systematically, using sound business judgment
- Partners with other billing and eligibility department representatives to resolve complex customer service inquiries
- Monitors delegated customer service issues to ensure timely and accurate resolution
- Applies appropriate communication techniques when responding to customers, particularly in stressful situations
- Places outgoing phone calls to complete follow - up on customer service requests as necessary
- Responds to customer service inquiries in writing as necessary
- Establishes and demonstrates competency in eligibility, billing and receivable systems and associated applications
- Implements customer service strategies and recommends related improvements / enhancements
- Maintains timely, accurate documentation for all appropriate transactions
- Makes corrections and adjustments
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems or 1+ years of experience in an office setting environment using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform job duties
- 2+ years of experience with Internet Explorer
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft Excel including data entry, sorting, creating, and modifying spreadsheets
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft Word including data entry and documentation creation
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft Outlook including email communications and calendar
- Bilingual in Spanish / English language fluency (ability to read, write and speak)
- Comfortable working Monday through Friday from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm or 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
- Knowledge of managed care industry
- Healthcare experience
- Knowledge of Billing / Finance and Eligibility processes, practices and concepts
- Call center experience
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, and floor activity
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in healthcare here. We serve the healthcare needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, HIV / AIDS and High - risk Pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes - based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive Healthcare, Community, and Government partners to heal healthcare and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, New York, NY, Call Center, Customer Service, Healthcare, Spanish, Spanish fluency, Bilingual Spanish
Please see job description.